Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Ahaha at "homosexy"  =)) ! Speaking of Madonna (mind you, this is coming from one of her biggest fans, like I'm surprised I don't have a giant tattoo of her across my back), I like to pretend Confessions was her last album (her best/my favorite, after American Life)... everything post COADF makes me sad/embarrassed (second-hand embarrassment from the aura of desperateness which is SO distracting to me and hard to get past). Basically, I've adopted the "#IDontKnowHer" mentality whenever I come across her new material lol

There's a few gems from her new material that you might enjoy, but speaking as someone with a similar soft spot for her earlier work, you didn't miss much. The only songs I'd really recommend are Wash All Over Me, Heartbreak City, Messiah, Inside Out, Falling Free, Ghosttown (one of her best in years), Joan of Arc, perhaps Body Shop as well as Masterpiece. Miles Away is also pretty great in my opinion.

Sorry to derail this thread! Lol.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-08 20:29:26
  • Not to be rude, but why is this getting discussed in the Silver Eye album thread
  • @Slippage, Haha yes I do try to listen to her latest work every now and then :D 

@Slippage @Jo_ey Haha, eek yes... let's get back on topic then :)) ... I wish Alison would have given a time for the video debut... ahh I can't wait! 
  • Jo_ey said:

@Slippage, Haha yes I do try to listen to her latest work every now and then :D 

@Slippage @Jo_ey Haha, eek yes... let's get back on topic then :)) ... I wish Alison would have given a time for the video debut... ahh I can't wait! 

much like on jan 23rd i'll be up at the crack of dawn F5ing my fingers raw
  • Jo_ey said:

Not to be rude, but why is this getting discussed in the Silver Eye album thread

As I said already, sorry to derail the thread. Moving on.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-02-08 20:51:07
  • @lukasgardiner "much like on jan 23rd i'll be up at the crack of dawn F5ing my fingers raw"

TMI lukas, TMI. :p

Anywho, I like to think of the tumbleweed in face shot as a reference to her burning bush. I mean burning from the desert heat, of course.

.....aaannnndddd, I'd like to add I'm digging on Become the One! "Synchronize, Harmonize...What's Inside?"
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-02-08 21:10:03
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

@lukasgardiner="" "much="" like="" on="" jan="" 23rd="" i'll="" be="" up="" at="" the="" crack="" of="" dawn="" f5ing="" my="" fingers="" raw"<="" blockquote="">

TMI lukas, TMI. :p

Anywho, I like to think of the tumbleweed in face shot as a reference to her burning bush. I mean burning from the desert heat, of course.

.....aaannnndddd, I'd like to add I'm digging on Become the One! "Synchronize, Harmonize...What's Inside?"

REFRESH REFRESH - I MEANT REFRESH... the browser!
    Ponygurl said:

Ponygurl said:

Anyway - I loved how Alison seems to be experimenting with her vocal style in Ocean

• Good lord, I come back from the gym to find 42 unread responses to this thread and thought the damn album leaked lol.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Gosh, the Mute interns get into the office late, don't they? 
  • Slippage said:

Low said:

Slippage said:

Low said:

Low said:

Hey, I never said you weren't allowed to call it what you want but doing so on a 1 minute snippet always seems a bit pointless to me.  >:D< Maybe the songs just explode near the end, we don't know. And won't hopefully until the end of March.

Oh, but don't think I'm trying to be defensive! If anything I agree with your points, so please don't take my response the wrong way. It's so much harder to sound human and peaceable online than in person...

Agreed, it's always hard for me to launch a counter argument without sounding like an asshole, but at least you understood I wasn't trying to be  :P Could do with more people like you on the internet.

Joey said:

Good lord, I come back from the gym to find 42 unread responses to this thread and thought the damn album leaked lol.

Just imagine how bad it'll be if it actually does leak.

• Sorry for derailing the thread, but considering this place isn't exactly a hive of activity i'm sure it doesn't hurt when we actually manage to spark a discussion between a few people.  Don't get jealous just because you weren't part of it  :-\"

Back to the place being a Ghosttown (Madonna puns, yay!)
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • So it is. A bit ....arty!
    Lots of that shoulder shrugging choreography that is so popular in hip hop and Beyoncé videos. No mention of Lisa G is the credits either.
    Does it insist upon itself?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The setting is stunning, the shaved head couple is striking, but, yeah, it does feel a bit art school'y.  
  • They stole my dance moves.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!