Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Low said:

Phew. Honestly thought that was it gone for good there.

I did too.  I have often felt that Alison has been the force that keeps this board above water.  If so, thank you, Alison.
  • Yay... we are back at it <3 . Never realized how much I would miss this forum lol. 
  • ^ Yes, love it or hate it, surely this is our last chance to enjoy this version of the forum before the site goes all Silver Eye.

Meanwhile, my new meds have had 0 effect, so I am binge-watching comfort programmes all day.

Yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed "School for Scoundrels" on the iplayer. This afternoon I plan running through Detectorists again -  probably the most heart-warming but unsentimental comedy ever made.
  • If there is any joint pain, whisperit, could I recommend just a very small amount of ginger root everyday?  It might help.
  • Thank you, WW. I have a supply of ginger root for just that. Glad you reminded me, though - I'm going to make myself a cup right now. Cheers!
  • Turmeric Whispered- with everything. I had a good three teaspoons of the stuff on my dinner last night. You get used to the taste ( especially if you have pickled tastebuds like mine).
  • I'm very happy to send you a bottle of my home-made ache and pain remedy Whispered- it's arnica oil with orange, cinnamon, frankincense, myrrh and ginger. It's very warming and smells nice. Just IM me with your address if you want some!
  • Interestingly my MiL was terminally ill before Christmas, she couldn't take normal pain relief for a bad neck and the Doc recommended pineapple as a natural remedy - anyone else come across this?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Yes, I've heard pineapple offers some anti-inflammatory assistance. Seriously, go for the turmeric though. I swear it's working wonders for me. I'm having a heaped teaspoon now on my evening meal. I wait till the last mouthful then add the spice and gulp it down! I'll be looking like The Annoying Orange soon!
    Pineapple is also an excellent palate cleanser and breath freshener.
  • PS one of our gerbils died yesterday. I can't decide whether her innards ruptured or whether her best mate cannibalised her entrails. Not nice, poor thing.
  • I take a teaspoon of turmeric, two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, and a splash of pure maple in a glass of water in the morning.

Pineapple can also be used as a politeness before oral sex. Celery too.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I take bromelain capsules myself. It's made from the stem and core- apparently that part has the best anti-inflammatory properties. Seems to work.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• KatRobin said:

PS one of our gerbils died yesterday. I can't decide whether her innards ruptured or whether her best mate cannibalised her entrails. Not nice, poor thing.

Gerbils can be trickier than they appear. I had two - both females - in two large, connected, fish tanks, which I tried to make as desert-like as I could, with sand, dead branches, some xerophytes etc. So it was, as they say, "enriched".

They seemed happy for about a year, but then one started attacking the other so that when I went to speak to them, they were regularly to be found with their fur streaked with drying blood. I was told that this is quite common, and sometimes it seems to be because they have "too much" room, which triggers territorial behaviour.

The matter was resolved after one died from overweight (I dropped a 5kg carton of seedy nibbles on her head) and the other escaped the tank and was never seen again (except by the cat, possibly)

• Tumeric is well regarded in my lupus group, but some of us can't manage it, including me, sadly.

Pineapple tastes better too.
  • Tumeric, Ginger root, or niacinamide.  Niacinamide has a catalog of additional benefits, though, from repairing the telomeres, fighting viruses, adding energy, and a lot more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!