Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Roundhouse gig - March 27th
  • 223 Comments sorted by
  • Well, what a rollercoaster of a week that has been: the highs of pre-ordering the album (on both CD and vinyl, naturally), endlessly listening to 'Anymore' and eagerly anticipating buying tickets for all four gigs... followed by the lows (heck, the lowest of the lows!) of not being able to get my hands on a Roundhouse ticket either in the pre-sale or today's fiasco. Barring a miracle I'll be warming up and warming up and warming up... to nothing. I've never used Stub Hub, Get Me In or any of those other shameless scumbags. Not only on principle but from everything I read they're 100% untrustworthy. I went to almost all of the 'Tales Of Us' gigs and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. So naturally I was anticipating GF's return to the stage like the proverbial second coming. But now I feel utterly deflated. Yes, I know I should be glad that I'll be seeing them three times in the space of a few days but... Okay, whinge over. Time for bed. Maybe I'll have a lovely dream about a world where tickets are bought by actual, genuine FANS.  :(

Keep your eyes peeled on here for spares or use www.twickets.co.uk & sign up for alerts for resales. They are a face value only website & ive used them a few times. #KeepTheFaith x
    https://www.twickets.co.uk/

Post edited by Ultrauk at 2017-01-29 05:53:56
    Music Junkie
  • Thanks, Ultrauk. I've never heard of Twickets but I'll certainly check them out.
  • I read something about if tickets you bought are advertised on resale sites, they will be cancelled and will not gain entry. Obviously to combat the scum (touts) who make a killing out of creating a supply and demand issue by restricting the normal availability of tickets ( a classic Keynesian theroy) but it does raise the question of if you have bought tickets for other people. I assume the best way is you meet up prior to the gig and then all go in together and to the box office.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Thanks, Ultrauk. I've never heard of Twickets but I'll certainly check them out.

From what I've heard Twickets is the place to buy tickets from fans that have bought them for an event but discovered they can no longer go...at a price that resembles the figure on the ticket
  • You have a PM :)

Thanks, Ultrauk. I've never heard of Twickets but I'll certainly check them out.

• 9oldfrapp said:

You have a PM :)

Just seen it, thank you.  :)
  • Are we doing a roundhouse roll call then?
  • Rude not to. There should be one against every gig thread.
    UT's and Appy's are going Roundhouse, as are Hells Bells and ThatHurt. I believe Anoukvdm is as well.
  • There are a LOT of us going.....huge list on the FB page :) I'll let someone else copy over...
    I'll be there
  • There are a LOT of us going.....huge list on the FB page :) I'll let someone else copy over...
    I'll be there

Trouble is Kate, some view FB as the gates of hell! It will need to be someone with a foot I both camps.
    Sounds like a job for @Halloween_Jack !
  • Looks like the total number of folk from either group or forum... is 45!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-01-30 10:43:41
  • Thanks Elliot, please add me to the list. Wouldn't miss it for the world (or even the moon :) ) Pete.

Post edited by NovaLasing at 2017-01-29 11:32:01
  • Great to hear you're going too, Pete. I've messaged Keith so he can add you to his list.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-01-30 10:44:12
  • The Roundhouse has Torquils bar and terrace up on the roof ?
  • What's that Facebook group? :)
    Formerly known as alex_t.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!