Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Interesting review giving a bit more info that I'd seen before http://www.frontview-magazine.be/en/news/goldfrapp-is-back#.WItUS1yBats
    The blonds with black hands are apparently twins that Alison spotted on the streets of London - lucky them
    ;)
  • Gaelen said:

How many singles did Tales have?

I could swear it was only one before the album came out.

If I remember they announced it in June, left it almost a month before releasing Drew as a single in July, and then not long after it all leaked?

• Interesting review giving a bit more info that I'd seen before http://www.frontview-magazine.be/en/news/goldfrapp-is-back#.WItUS1yBats
    The blonds with black hands are apparently twins that Alison spotted on the streets of London - lucky them
    ;)

Interesting article Pete.
    I am always a little annoyed with linea like 'Goldfrapp is back'. It just doesn't sound right. Goldfrapp are a duo, a partnership between Ali & Will. As such, 'Goldfrapp are back' is the accepted form. Even just referring to Alison herself, 'Goldfrapp is back' is poor form.
    Journalists. All a bit rubbish to be honest. No standards !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-27 12:30:42
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I agree with you Nick it doesn't sound right - better to use the plural. Same problem with countries and companies - do you say Apple is trying to rule the world or Apple are trying to rule the world?
  • What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

When they can't even get the album title right  :(

• Haha awww... "Silver Moon"  :))
  • Journalists. Sloppy gold digging Ambulance chasers. Should be hunted with dogs !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • "Anymore" is part of Spotify's "The Others" playlist where they compile the best new releases from alternative artists, and not only is it at the number 1 spot but Alison is also featured on the playlist cover. How's that for exposure?

• When they can't even get the album title right  :(

Completely missed that - skimming again!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Low said:

Gaelen said:

If I remember they announced it in June, left it almost a month before releasing Drew as a single in July, and then not long after it all leaked?

Correct. It was torture resisting the leaks, I remember. That and I thought it was pretty sadistic releasing the first "single" (TOU technically only had one official one, "Thea") 3 months before the album was released.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • It feels weird to have no single art for Anymore.
  • Joey said:

Low said:

Gaelen said:

Correct. It was torture resisting the leaks, I remember. That and I thought it was pretty sadistic releasing the first "single" (TOU technically only had one official one, "Thea") 3 months before the album was released.

They're already handling this era better by announcing everything on the same day they release a single. 2 months wait, while still pretty long, is nowhere near as bad as it's been in the past. The long waits are so unnecessary in today's climate and I think they're starting to get that.

• Jo_ey said:

It feels weird to have no single art for Anymore.

Agreed... I miss physical singles, the seventh tree era was my favourite for that
  • I made a thing. Because the completist in me is perhaps unnecessarily bothered that the traditional Goldfrapp logo or album title isn’t on the actual cover. AND because I love this alternate crop of the cover photograph.

I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!