Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Roundhouse gig - March 27th
  • 223 Comments sorted by
  • SOLD OUT !! :)
    Music Junkie
  • Yay! :)
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • That was a pain the arse. I wanted seated so didnt buy on the Wednesday. This morning ticketmaster and See and Gigs & Tours are sold outo of all ticket options. So I try to buy them from Roundhouse itself. Pages kept freezing and only individual seats available so my friends can't sit together. So I book standing floor in the end but only after lots of freezing and my basket emptying for no reason. Still I'm going! I wish they were playing another venue though. Hopefully Goldfrapp will do more gigs later in the year.
  • Of course they will!
    This is only a warm-up.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • I got nowhere but UT and Sally rescued me. Phew.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2017-01-27 10:27:37
  • There's chatter on the 'dark side' about AG not allowing phone recording at concerts - have I missed something? I know venues get arsey about 'professional' cameras but phones?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

There's chatter on the 'dark side' about AG not allowing phone recording at concerts - have I missed something? I know venues get arsey about 'professional' cameras but phones?

I think that's been the case for ages. I remember when I went to see the Tales of Us gig at the Reading Hexagon and I was told by a staff member to put my phone away when I was sat there checking train times and football scores fifteen minutes before they were even due on stage.I was very near the front and to the side and some idiot just in front of me repeatedly ignore the security woman's request to put the phone down...then a security guy was turned up and he continued to film while being told not to. Slightly spoiled the last 20 minutes of the show.
  • Appy61 said:

There's chatter on the 'dark side' about AG not allowing phone recording at concerts - have I missed something? I know venues get arsey about 'professional' cameras but phones?

Best of luck with that ! I thought it was widely accepted now that punters taking footage/photos ar concerts and posting them on social media only enhanced a bands market penetration.
    Perhaps, if she asked nicely, like Kate Bush did at her Hammersmith concerts, we wold be happy to comply. It's not like they bowl us over with official video footage !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Just given this a few more brain cells.
    The Roundhouse gig is showcasing the music on Silver Eye but it is 4 days before it is officially released.
    She may be thinking early posts of the tracks will let the cat out the bag and weaken the impact on release.
    Just tell us Ali! Be upfront with us .
  • Just given this a few more brain cells.
    The Roundhouse gig is showcasing the music on Silver Eye but it is 4 days before it is officially released.
    She may be thinking early posts of the tracks will let the cat out the bag and weaken the impact on release.
    Just tell us Ali! Be upfront with us .

I'm sure I've read somewhere that she's walked off stage after camera flashes have annoyed her mid concert....it's nothing to do with bags or cats.
  • I had a run I with a woman at the RAH gig told me I shouldn't be doing it - left a bad taste as she wasn't even prepared to here my point of view. Particularly galling when there was about a dozen people around us doing the same thing including UT!
  • Rob said - I'm sure I've read somewhere that she's walked off stage after camera flashes have annoyed her mid concert....it's nothing to do with bags or cats.

I sort of get the camera flash annoyance - if I ever get chance to use a proper camera I'll even go to manual focus so the focus finder light stays off.
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2017-01-27 17:51:57
  • I remember at the first Tales gigs, possibly the warm-up shows, she made a special request over the PA asking people to refrain from flash photography. I think she's more or less made peace with the fact people take pictures at gigs but if it gets distracting or intrusive she takes issue.
  • Appy61 said:

I had a run I with a woman at the RAH gig told me I shouldn't be doing it - left a bad taste as she wasn't even prepared to here my point of view. Particularly galling when there was about a dozen people around us doing the same thing including UT!

The video I shot at the Royal Albert Hall of Some Velvet Morning is just approaching 10,000 views. That's 60% more than people in the hall that night. Some nice comment from people who were not at the gig who would not have seen it if no one filmed it. That can only be good for the bands exposure ???
    Flash I agree with. Distracting for the band and the audience but a phones and similar discrete cameras work for the band, not against them !
  • Well, what a rollercoaster of a week that has been: the highs of pre-ordering the album (on both CD and vinyl, naturally), endlessly listening to 'Anymore' and eagerly anticipating buying tickets for all four gigs... followed by the lows (heck, the lowest of the lows!) of not being able to get my hands on a Roundhouse ticket either in the pre-sale or today's fiasco. Barring a miracle I'll be warming up and warming up and warming up... to nothing. I've never used Stub Hub, Get Me In or any of those other shameless scumbags. Not only on principle but from everything I read they're 100% untrustworthy. I went to almost all of the 'Tales Of Us' gigs and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. So naturally I was anticipating GF's return to the stage like the proverbial second coming. But now I feel utterly deflated. Yes, I know I should be glad that I'll be seeing them three times in the space of a few days but... Okay, whinge over. Time for bed. Maybe I'll have a lovely dream about a world where tickets are bought by actual, genuine FANS.  :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!