Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Gaelen said:

Can whoever does the titles make sure they do them correctly and capitalise each word, it's playing with my OCD and this thread was correct to start with before it was changed :P 

LOL
    T'was me, and I'm fine with changing it back.

But I get annoyed when I see song titles with all the words capitalised, including articles (a, an, the).
  • @Gaelen Haha SAME! Also, we should also have a Gigs category (and add all the gig threads there) instead of in the News section  :D

Can do! If that's what people want... :-)
  • signed cds are gone again... should i wait for more copies as i can't wait to make my pre-order anymore?  8-|
  • I'm gonna wait for the gig-ticket + album offer tomorrow...
  • signed cds are gone again... should i wait for more copies as i can't wait to make my pre-order anymore?  8-|

More signed CDs available again. Looks like she will be signing more than a 1000 copies :)
    Music Junkie
  • Has anyone caught a glimpse at the view count for "Anymore" on Youtube?

It's nearly 200,000 in just over 24 hours. Will probably hit or exceed it by tomorrow morning.
    When that video drops (and hopefully soon), it could be HUGE.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-24 14:35:05
  • Slippage said:

Has anyone caught a glimpse at the view count for "Anymore" on Youtube?

It's nearly 200,000 in just over 24 hours.
    When that video drops (and hopefully soon), it could be HUGE.

Wow! I certainly hope this song does well - it really should as is it catchy and fresh and very very tight in terms of structure for radio. But I want remixes AS WELL as a video! :)
  • Oh, we'll get remixes. I'm sure of it. Every era has had them.
    Maybe we'll get multiple EPs akin to BC and SN eras that also include a B-Side (oh, how I miss those delicious B-Sides). Would be an awesome way to sell the album further... not that they need much help evidently, given that the poor buggers have to keep re-adding signed CDs to the store! Of course, even I know Alison's signature demands a hell of a lot more money than the price of the signed CD. There will be loads of them on eBay, rest assured. Her signatures are hard to find (rightly so).

Silver Eye is already their top selling album ever on iTunes Canada, and "Anymore" is only behind Strict Machine, We Radiate (?) and Drew as top purchased song.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-24 15:40:21
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:45:58
  • okay
    i'm so fucking DONE with dogmatic patriarchal male privilege and supremacy

this is
    HILARIOUS

Post edited by stevil at 2017-01-24 23:53:27
  • That should put Ponygurl at ease.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • hmm, now signed cds are only for UK and US. so what is wrong with other countries?
    i've been updating shop's front page like every 30 minutes until i found out that.
    anyone who's in charge, fix it, please?

i want it signed lol, otherwise official Mute store has better prices (no postcards though)
  • Like that most tracks are around 4-5 mins. More space for sounds.
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2017-01-25 07:28:28
  • I was looking at that too tattmaylor, the shortest two are in fact the first two songs, one of which is Anymore.  The longest at 5:06 is 'Everything Is Not Enough'.

The longest Goldfrapp song in their discography is Alvar at 5:36, while their shortest is Big Black Cloud, Little White Lie at 3:10 (B-Side) or A&E at 3:19 (A-Side)

(Not including Boys Will Be Boys & It's Not Over Yet)
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-25 08:02:39
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Silver Eye has managed to wedge itself between the Pre-Orders of Ed Sheeran's regular and deluxe versions of his new album on the UK iTunes Store, which is certainly an achievement in itself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!