Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Can whoever does the titles make sure they do them correctly and capitalise each word, it's playing with my OCD and this thread was correct to start with before it was changed :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I'm loving 'Anymore'. Classic Goldfrapp, massive song that tells everyone Goldfrapp are back.
    It goes straight for the guts. I'm sure they'll be songs on the album that go for the brain 
    and songs that go for the guts and the brain !!
    Brilliant return to action from Alison & Will, they never let us down.
    Muchos Gracious to Alison & Will :)

www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • @Gaelen Haha SAME! Also, we should also have a Gigs category (and add all the gig threads there) instead of in the News section  :D
  • I love the fact that with Goldfrapp, you never know what will turn up next.
    We have had many dinner parties in the last few years with Tales of Us gently lilting away in the background. All very nice.
    Somehow, don't think Silver Eye will be used in the same way!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • It's been a while since I was this excited for a new album, gigs, etc.! 
    Woke up very early to listen to BBC 6 radio and the lack of sleep was totally worth it. I still feel like everything was a dream. Happiest Monday ever!

I loved the sound of Anymore, and I was thrilled to hear those frappy synths again. 

Plus, I was actually planning on taking a trip to England around April, and now I think I can change that and go to the gigs! If I get tickets on Wednesday I'll be more than ready to book those flights!

• Gaelen said:

Can whoever does the titles make sure they do them correctly and capitalise each word, it's playing with my OCD and this thread was correct to start with before it was changed :P 

LOL
    T'was me, and I'm fine with changing it back.

But I get annoyed when I see song titles with all the words capitalised, including articles (a, an, the).
  • @Gaelen Haha SAME! Also, we should also have a Gigs category (and add all the gig threads there) instead of in the News section  :D

Can do! If that's what people want... :-)
  • signed cds are gone again... should i wait for more copies as i can't wait to make my pre-order anymore?  8-|
  • I'm gonna wait for the gig-ticket + album offer tomorrow...
  • signed cds are gone again... should i wait for more copies as i can't wait to make my pre-order anymore?  8-|

More signed CDs available again. Looks like she will be signing more than a 1000 copies :)
    Music Junkie
  • Has anyone caught a glimpse at the view count for "Anymore" on Youtube?

It's nearly 200,000 in just over 24 hours. Will probably hit or exceed it by tomorrow morning.
    When that video drops (and hopefully soon), it could be HUGE.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-24 14:35:05
  • Slippage said:

Has anyone caught a glimpse at the view count for "Anymore" on Youtube?

It's nearly 200,000 in just over 24 hours.
    When that video drops (and hopefully soon), it could be HUGE.

Wow! I certainly hope this song does well - it really should as is it catchy and fresh and very very tight in terms of structure for radio. But I want remixes AS WELL as a video! :)
  • Oh, we'll get remixes. I'm sure of it. Every era has had them.
    Maybe we'll get multiple EPs akin to BC and SN eras that also include a B-Side (oh, how I miss those delicious B-Sides). Would be an awesome way to sell the album further... not that they need much help evidently, given that the poor buggers have to keep re-adding signed CDs to the store! Of course, even I know Alison's signature demands a hell of a lot more money than the price of the signed CD. There will be loads of them on eBay, rest assured. Her signatures are hard to find (rightly so).

Silver Eye is already their top selling album ever on iTunes Canada, and "Anymore" is only behind Strict Machine, We Radiate (?) and Drew as top purchased song.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-24 15:40:21
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2017-02-19 17:45:58
  • okay
    i'm so fucking DONE with dogmatic patriarchal male privilege and supremacy

this is
    HILARIOUS

Post edited by stevil at 2017-01-24 23:53:27

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!