Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Hope nobody minds (thread-creator @craig?), but I've moved this big beast of a thread into the 'Silver eye' category... separate from the 'News' one.

I suggest keeping the news one for stuff *not* specifically relating to the album. eg gigs, interviews, TV/radio spots... OK?

(Of course, on a mobile - you never see the categories.)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-01-23 14:47:19
  • Yep, was able to add signed CD to my trolley just now... not sure where Appy is at?

tried on two separate devises - now purchased phew!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • No problem with that at all HJ, it's no longer 'Brand new news' anymore!
    Sounds good to me, almost like a general conversation holder for any SE talk :) 
  • No doubt this has already been pointed out but it's worth noting that if you intend pre-ordering 'Silver Eye' AND going to a gig there's supposed to be a discount if you do both at the same time according to the newsletter. Or I may have dreamt it.  I get nap attacks these days so hard to te...zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Ok, so I gave in lol. At 8pm...and how ironic given the chorus line!!

brilliant....in ( an intentionally...?) Crystalline Green kind of way...
    And I managed to buy the signed CD \:D/ Wahoooooooo!!!!
    Happy Ears Are Here Again xxxx
  • Ok, I'm done with Anymore. For now. There's a lot of waiting yet (singing chorus line repeatedly).

This song fits the situation really well.

EDIT: It will be easy to find fellow Frappers on last.fm. Already found one. I think.
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-01-23 15:21:29
  • More signed CD copies & clear vinyl added to the webstore for anyone who missed out earlier today :)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2017-01-23 16:15:18
    Music Junkie
  • I'm going to go for the special deal album+ticket thing that @softlad mentioned... on Wednesday.

TBH I'm not at all a collector of physical bits 'n' bobs so don't really mind if I just get a bog-standard CD.
  • CD ordered
    Vinyl ordered
  • Can whoever does the titles make sure they do them correctly and capitalise each word, it's playing with my OCD and this thread was correct to start with before it was changed :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I'm loving 'Anymore'. Classic Goldfrapp, massive song that tells everyone Goldfrapp are back.
    It goes straight for the guts. I'm sure they'll be songs on the album that go for the brain 
    and songs that go for the guts and the brain !!
    Brilliant return to action from Alison & Will, they never let us down.
    Muchos Gracious to Alison & Will :)

www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • @Gaelen Haha SAME! Also, we should also have a Gigs category (and add all the gig threads there) instead of in the News section  :D
  • I love the fact that with Goldfrapp, you never know what will turn up next.
    We have had many dinner parties in the last few years with Tales of Us gently lilting away in the background. All very nice.
    Somehow, don't think Silver Eye will be used in the same way!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • It's been a while since I was this excited for a new album, gigs, etc.! 
    Woke up very early to listen to BBC 6 radio and the lack of sleep was totally worth it. I still feel like everything was a dream. Happiest Monday ever!

I loved the sound of Anymore, and I was thrilled to hear those frappy synths again. 

Plus, I was actually planning on taking a trip to England around April, and now I think I can change that and go to the gigs! If I get tickets on Wednesday I'll be more than ready to book those flights!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!