Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

Finnnnaaallly! I've been re-listening to Anymore on Spotify- very nice groove! I love it when she belts it out a bit! Anybody work out the lyrics yet?

Scent like Stars? Ooo, Connect me..to the Other side.

( I'm your all-night operator- I'll connect you to the other side )

I was wondering when All Night Operator Part 2 would come out! Ha! I bet that was a callback to it.
  • I am practising Zen- like restraint... Seriously. So I've got home from work, I'm checking in here, I've been to preorder the album ( but everything's sold out, sigh...). And I HAVENT YET listened to Anymore!!!! I'm going to do that at 8.15 on the dot, with a mouthful of chocolate and red wine and lying naked on my bed of nails for the full endorphin-rush aural sex experience. It'd better be good lol!
    ( as if it would be otherwise!)
  • Mmm, that sounds very nice Kat- best to have all your senses stimulated...Cheers ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • You’re what I want
    You’re what I need
    Give me your love
    Make me a freak

I can’t wait, I can’t wait anymore

You're sent like stars
    (???)
    I want your love
    All of the time

Ooh you connect me
    Ooh to the other side
    Ooh you connect me
    Ooh to the other side

Your strange music
    Like lucid dreams
    The power of you
    Transforming me

Ooh you connect me
    Ooh to the other side
    Ooh you connect me
    Ooh to the other side

• I'm so excited for this era... haven't stopped playing it! However, on one hand I'm a bit surprised at the lack of innovation (it's very radio friendly, perhaps their most radio friendly, considering today's sound) we are used to hearing with new material from them... on the other hand, I'm glad they are having fun and simply "doing them & their 'sound.'" Pretty sure other tracks on the album will be even more loud and have more oomph!  :x

Have to agree here, I've listened to the song several times, while it works as a single I'm hoping the album will be a bit more complex than 'Anymore'. Its a fun song, I love the synths and mastering, however the lyrics seem overly simple/repetitive, and the sound is too similar to supernature to stand on its own. However I'm sure Alison deliberately chose the simplest song on the album in the hopes it will get the most radio play. The other track titles sound far more interesting to be this simplistic. Probably not the most popular opinion on release day but I certainly don't think its bad, and will be listening to it for the next few days. Really excited for the full album!!
  • I honestly wish I liked the song a little more than I do. It's completely fine and by no means discourages me from being excited for the rest of the album since they always deliver several gems per album, but I can't help but be a tad underwhelmed.

It's wanting for a better chorus, in my opinion. The chorus as is feels more like a pre-chorus building up to something with more variation, you know? That being said, I LOVE the breakdown toward the end and I can't wait for the video!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Slippage said:

No more signed CDs - all mention of them are replaced by regular CDs. They must have already sold 1000... wow. That's pretty intense.

Thankfully they fixed the issue with the North American pre-order page when they did! I would have missed out!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • 9oldfrapp said:

(???)

Is wild, divine? I think it might be scent like stars too.
  • Definitely something either divine or divide, rewak

• Post edited by ryanraymedina at 2017-01-23 14:00:30
  • KatRobin said:

I am practising Zen- like restraint... Seriously. So I've got home from work, I'm checking in here, I've been to preorder the album ( but everything's sold out, sigh...). And I HAVENT YET listened to Anymore!!!! I'm going to do that at 8.15 on the dot, with a mouthful of chocolate and red wine and lying naked on my bed of nails for the full endorphin-rush aural sex experience. It'd better be good lol!
    ( as if it would be otherwise!)

Will your gimp be in attendance? Will Catherine be whipping him slowly while you writhe?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • No, she will be locked out. This will strictly be a threesome thing, me, Alison and Will. She can listen to it on Spotify upstairs! Lol.
  • ....Ooooooo, I have Spoken. Anybody else hear it? The very end?

I am Smokin'? Hmmmmm....
    ( I think she might blow)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-01-23 14:11:14
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • An hour and a quarter to go...Tantric, very Tantric....
  • I just remembered Alison was copper in Felt Mountain promo pics too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!