Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Racing home in record breaking speed now, because I have no Card with me. Fingers crossed that there will be signed copies left within the next hour...
  • Joey said:

I love this alternate crop of the album cover! I'm admittedly disappointed that the typography is missing this go-round. :(

I wonder if this is simply placeholder artwork? Cher did a similar thing with Woman's World.
    I really miss the typography — it completes the image — and truly believe the album artwork will be different.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-23 11:11:03
  • Slippage said:

Joey said:

I love this alternate crop of the album cover! I'm admittedly disappointed that the typography is missing this go-round. :(

I wonder if this is simply placeholder artwork? Cher did a similar thing with Woman's World.
    I really miss the typography — it completes the image — and truly believe the album artwork will be different.

I don't think so. Earlier this morning on Alison's personal Instagram she uploaded the photo and wrote "Cover for our new album 'Silver Eye' x #selfie"

Still, I hope the final version will be more akin to this, though I'm sure there will at least be a sticker or something on the physical copies.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • I'm sure we'll all come to love Alison with a bit of bush in her face :-)

:D :D :D :D
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • There's always hope for a carelessly placed sticker on the case front.
    Be patient.
  • I'm so excited for this era... haven't stopped playing it! However, on one hand I'm a bit surprised at the lack of innovation (it's very radio friendly, perhaps their most radio friendly, considering today's sound) we are used to hearing with new material from them... on the other hand, I'm glad they are having fun and simply "doing them & their 'sound.'" Pretty sure other tracks on the album will be even more loud and have more oomph!  :x
  • Got home in time to order my signed copy. Phewwww. Now listening to Anymore over&over again. Verrrrrry Black Cherry. Thank you Alison and Will ^:)^
  • OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AmAZing! Love love love! THANKS ALISON AND WILL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Somehow many seem to agree on a certain style of electro sound this year.

Be patient.
  • However, on one hand I'm a bit surprised at the lack of innovation (it's very radio friendly, perhaps their most radio friendly, considering today's sound) we are used to hearing with new material from them...

Supernature was like that, you know.
    For all we know, the rest of the album might be completely different!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • @Alex_f True true... and that's exactly what I'm hoping for  :D
  • BTW... here is an ultra HD pic of the cover (sorry if this was already posted at this resolution) ... image
  • Interesting comment from a few days ago by someone that we have yet to see anyone's eyes. In this Hi Def bush in her face (@HJ :)>- ), she appears to have her eyes shut.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-23 13:27:47
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • No more signed CDs - all mention of them are replaced by regular CDs. They must have already sold 1000... wow. That's pretty intense.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-23 13:15:00
  • Finnnnaaallly! I've been re-listening to Anymore on Spotify- very nice groove! I love it when she belts it out a bit! Anybody work out the lyrics yet?

Scent like Stars? Ooo, Connect me..to the Other side.

( I'm your all-night operator- I'll connect you to the other side )
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!