Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New Frapp - Lauren Laverne 23rd January
  • 95 Comments sorted by
  • I'm more interested in time, I don't totally fancy listening to 3 hours of pap :P
  • I plan to record it off the TV on my hard disc recorder, then I can listern at double speed ( expect it to be around 11.20 - 12.00 ) and then I can trim it out of the program. If you get Freeview, you can get BBC 6 Music on there.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'm sure it will be made available somehow after airing. I'm expecting the music video to be out tomorrow as well.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • We'll definitely get the video. She wouldn't have teased it if it wasn't time, I don't think.
    I'd also put good money on the website launching tomorrow with a release date and perhaps a trailer.

Also, there's a preview available of Anymore. Very Ooh La La meets Twist, with lyrics straight out of the BC era in my opinion (see Silver Eye discussion if curious).
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-23 00:59:31
  • In the words of Lauren, "The exclusive will be released on this very show so stick around for that..." but you're on for the next three hours and I have a life :'( 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I hate these things. Do it by 11 or just don't do it at all lol.

• You'd think with the decline of radio and it being a Monday they'd be a bit more to the point.  Goldfrapp aren't even headlining, what sort of nonsense is that?  

Finally!  She's said around 11:30, I can get on with my day for now :P 
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-23 05:28:53
  • She actually said it should be just after 11 probably so don't stray too far away !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Am sat at work with my headphones on waiting...told my colleagues 'please ignore me if I squeal'  :D
  • God Lauren it better be after this.

• All this music that's been playing so far is like when you're sitting in the cinema before the feature starts and they play music through the system, building the excitement.  Can't wait to hear her softly spoken voice come over the airwaves.

Didn't realise OutKast could sound so cheesy.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-23 06:05:57
  • She said It will be on around half past 11, so around 20-30 minutes
  • Gaelen said:

All this music that's been playing so far is like when you're sitting in the cinema before the feature starts and they play music through the system, building the excitement.  Can't wait to hear her softly spoken voice come over the airwaves.

Didn't realise OutKast could sound so cheesy.

You're so right. Trying not to be disrespectful to other artists but there's only one you really want to hear.

Apart from Metronomy ft Robyn. That's great.
    Post edited by Low at 2017-01-23 06:08:55

• Low said:

Lmao, was just about to say that Low!  

Some right Brian Eno synths going on.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-23 06:12:00
  • Gaelen said:

Low said:

Lmao, was just about to say that Low!  

Some right Brian Eno synths going on.

Been loving it since the album came out last Summer, sounds so atmospheric

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!