Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 529 Comments sorted by
  • Can somebody explain what camp-pop sounds like, what defines it? Obviously I can think of some examples, but I'm just wondering if there are given components that a " camp-pop" song has?
  • Oh, glad you got back on, whisperit. Sorry i couldn't help. Was it a matter of passwords?
  • I think most of Head First was more influenced by late 70s US AOR pop when it got influnced by the synths Gloria - Laura Branigan etc... and when rock bands like Vanhalen would do a synth pop songs like Jump (i mean look at the HF cover!). At that point at the end of 70s nobody really cared (or had any idea) about what category they were in. There was so much going on. Everyone had a go. Even Cliff Richard tried to be synthy and edgy. You had disco, punk, new wave all going on with the old 70s rock, metal and pop. Quite innocent times. A lot of shit as well. But happy accidents you'd never get now of cross overs of style.

I think that is what they were looking at.

Not sure is 'camp pop' mean the same thing as it did. I think camp meant 'tongue in check' and a bit kitsch. Something cheesy but knowingly. But I think it;s been over used. Just look at Eurovision. 
  • Exactly, so I'm still none the wiser! I used to love that Mike Flowers Pops tune, I wonder why it was a one hit wonder? Or did I miss something? Did he camp up the whole of Brit-Pop..or did the Gallaghers threaten to punch his lights out?!
  • HELLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's me - whisperit aka Chris Snow from the olden days

HJ and UT have done heroic work to get me back on here, and thus earn my undying gratitude.

Even if they might come to regret it.

Apologies to those I have failed to respond to in recent months, but I have simply been unable to access the board; very frustrating. The problem seemed to be that once I got a new (Windows 10) laptop, the GMB would not recognise my original login details, nor respond to my reques for a new password. Neither would it send invites to my hotmail or BT email addresses.

we finally cracked it when I used an old G mail address and new user name....

Thanks again to UT and HJ x 
  • Good to see you are sorted, and with a new ID... whispered :-)

Hmm, speaking of missing persons... did y'all hear that Lisa and Maus have decamped to Los Angeles? Apparently it's for "a good while". I assume Lisa has film-related work over there. She posted this pic of Maus's poop bag...

• Well, that looks just like Donald T. A sack of shit so you can hardly tell the difference.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • whispered said:

HELLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's me - whisperit aka Chris Snow from the olden days

HJ and UT have done heroic work to get me back on here, and thus earn my undying gratitude.

Even if they might come to regret it.

Apologies to those I have failed to respond to in recent months, but I have simply been unable to access the board; very frustrating. The problem seemed to be that once I got a new (Windows 10) laptop, the GMB would not recognise my original login details, nor respond to my reques for a new password. Neither would it send invites to my hotmail or BT email addresses.

we finally cracked it when I used an old G mail address and new user name....

Thanks again to UT and HJ x 

You're welcome. Meet every challenge I say, and we need everyone on the board to keep up the snappy repartee!
    Can we still call you Whisperit? Kinda sentimental like that.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Can we still call you Whisperit? Kinda sentimental like that.

You can call me whatever you like, UT. I can't hear you over the internet.
  • Love the Trump poo bags :)) Wish I could find them over here, our little pooches know how to fill carrier bags lol. We sometimes call Boo the Shit Machine and sing it to her!
    A apparently they are making The Donald Halloween masks, but they can't keep production up with demand
  • Hello all.....Well today seems as good a day as any to turn up like the proverbial bad penny. I hope that you are all fine and dandy..... kisses xxx

( I still can't post pictures....some things never change hahaha)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2017-01-23 03:36:54
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • dipping my toe back in......
  • Hello Cervus! Hello LittleBird! 

• Hi again Folklore!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!