Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New Frapp - Lauren Laverne 23rd January
  • Thought this might justify a new thread...

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/822427100749643776/photo/1
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-01-20 08:06:07
  • 95 Comments sorted by
  • Everybody go home. The song obviously doesn't exist.

• Oh gosh, I might just have to listen to that live, and I seldom listen to the radio!
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Love Lauren, It has become a bit of a tradition for her to do an interview, excited.... lets hope there's some TV appearances lined up too!
  • If it's upbeat and wriggling with earworms, I pretty much expect there to be infinitely more tv performances, events and specials - particularly outside of the U.K. 

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-20 12:34:17
  • Gigs, Gigs, Gigs!
    (Checks bank balance)

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Great news! A new era is upon us at last!
  • Whoop whoop hurray! Thanks @whispered
    Be patient.
  • ^you're welcome x
  • I'm miffed....ok, I said it ( who's on board?). We are two days away then from hearing new Frapp material on the radio and yet none of us have heard a dicky-Little Bird about anything. I'm having a premenstrual hissy. Maybe it's just me that's not tuned in to the right channels or blocked from the emailing list or something? What the hell is going on?!!
    ( pass me the chocolate and the lime pickle before I blow!)
  • Ohh same show as Simian Mobile Disco! Could this mean 7 really is an electronic album? :D
  • HMV has the new album — allegedly titled Silver Eye — listed as a dance record and releasing on March 31, though I'm sure that date is a placeholder. See here: http://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/silver-eye

I hope she lets loose and just freaking screams like a combination of Twist/Slippage/Thea on this one! Would go soooooooo well with uptempo beats and distorted synths.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-21 11:38:20
  • KatRobin said:

I'm miffed....ok, I said it ( who's on board?). We are two days away then from hearing new Frapp material on the radio and yet none of us have heard a dicky-Little Bird about anything. I'm having a premenstrual hissy. Maybe it's just me that's not tuned in to the right channels or blocked from the emailing list or something? What the hell is going on?!!

I think that's just the nature of the beast this time. She's told us when, BBC 6 Music has told us where, and I'm sure on Monday she'll reveal all.

• KatRobin said:

Ahem !
    You don't bat that way Missy!

Remember punch lines to jokes? This reminds me of
    'well, it looked so good, I ate it myself !'
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-21 12:03:13
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • KatRobin said:

I'm miffed....

Folklore introduced me to Lindt D'or milk chocolate bars. They are very good for stress, but I have gone through 3 boxes of 10 in the last 6 weeks...and just ordered another crateload
  • Anyone like to suggest a way to record the programme tomorrow? 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!