Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • react010 said:

My guess (and hope) is Kate Bush goes Electro .. not the Supernature sound but a lot more sophisticated.
    (cant explain it really). All will be revealed next week i guess ;).

Sensual World goes synth
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Hounds of Love 2.0, with a return of those gorgeous, deliciously skinny husky-headed male dancers.

Oh fine then, I'll keep daydreaming. 

*unrolls eyes from back of head and sulks in corner*
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-19 23:11:22
  • So how's this going to go down on Monday? Suggested on FB - exclusive Lauren Laverne release on BBC Radio 6 Music?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Most likely will be on 6music Monday. Lauren has a section on her show called New Music Monday... makes sense right?

Alison just posted another photo on instagram and then deleted it seconds later! She's such a tease!
    Post edited by Craig at 2017-01-20 05:50:57
  • What was it of, Craig?
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Just heard that myself, (well, via Mrs UT who is home today).
    I assume no title was mentioned?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

That's all I got so far, UT. But another Frapper tweeted LL earlier and LL replied:

"Hopefully chatting to Alison on the programme soon"

I'm also quite curious about the title

• Gaelen said:

What was it of, Craig?

Only saw a small icon of it in the notification. It was a black & white portrait image - couldn't decipher what of exactly. It had been deleted by the time I clicked on the alert :(
  • I have a feeling we may receive an email at some point today to explain and to let us know officially that the song will have its first play and chat with Alison and Will (hopefully!)
  • Do you think we'll get the video on monday as well? Can't see why not, as it seems to be shot and edited, and also they posted 'monday' on all their social media accounts, cant imagine that would be to tell all their passive fans to tune into live radio show, it has to be for the release of the video.
  • Monday is definitely the day to nail the marketing for this project and ramp up interest.

I think Monday will bring the site relaunch as well as an album trailer revealing the title — not a single video. The single will be premiered on Lauren's show, so it'll likely be made available within 24 hours afterwards. Hopefully pre-orders go live too (including deluxe editions).

The way they handled promo for Tales of Us was effective, but their increased reach via social media will make it even more beneficial to go this route again. Makes sense to utilize this approach once more, especially if the sound and theme of the album is more widely marketable.

One thing is for sure — they sure as hell won't just do the radio premiere. This era properly starts Monday. Stringing out little announcements and making people wait would only have a negative impact after then.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-20 12:59:05
  • Hoping preorders for the album go up Monday too, would make sense to push that up with the new song, capitalise on the hype.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!