Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • You can Google the links to the private videos, the first one is the Head First trailer, so don't hold your breath
  • How do you do that rewak?
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • The other one is 'Summer message from Alison Goldfrapp', so I think this private videos are just some old things.
  • Worth a thought.
    They know we are digging !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • On that note, how many tracks we guessing/wanting?

Guessing?

10. It feels like the Goldfrapp preferred amount.

Wanting?

Honestly, at least 11. Hoping for 12 or 13. But we get what we get.

• I wonder if this will be their last fully upbeat album, if the "metal machine pop" blurb in MOJO is to be believed.

If so, I hope it's at least the length of Supernature in terms of track count and time length (ie: no super short tracks). Really hope they present her total vocal range on this one. The highs of Thea, and the seductive whispers of Let It Take You. Her pipes have never been more capable of delivering. Above all else, I hope they enjoy this project as opposed to Head First, and that they have fun performing it live.

It damn well better be this week too, I'd say! Waiting any longer and stringing the wait out is just plain pointless and silly (no offence!). We're excited now! You have our ever-so-firm attention! 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-15 21:46:17
  • Had a proper strange dream last night that album 7 would be released on the 24th February... woke up and checked my calendar and it was a Friday!! Probably not gonna happen but thought would share my premonition/dream in case it comes true? :D

Still holding out for another teaser today, don't think I could go another week!!
  • Craig said:

Had a proper strange dream last night that album 7 would be released on the 24th February... woke up and checked my calendar and it was a Friday!! Probably not gonna happen but thought would share my premonition/dream in case it comes true? :D

Still holding out for another teaser today, don't think I could go another week!!

Here's hoping one of your hopes comes true.
    Anything beyond March is saddening lol.

• Siiigh :( ... perhaps the next announcement will come on 1/17/17? Numerically, that looks quite nice :) 
  • I'm also having dreams about the album, with the track names having a heavy play on words mingled with code and numerical figures. The title was Pangaea (or some approximation of it), also. Perhaps a premonition? 

iTunes is still going mental with the discography, as well. For God's sake, please let it be this week. 
    This waiting feels so pointless.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-16 15:11:06
  • Siiigh :( ... perhaps the next announcement will come on 1/17/17? Numerically, that looks quite nice :) 

In the UK, that's 17/01/17, vaguely palindromic.
    It comes when it comes. Chill, kick back and don't fret!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • If there's one thing the rest of the musical world should have learned from Frank Ocean, it's to keep the wait as short as possible.

• Speaking of .... maybe they did learn indeed and just drop the whole thing on Friday? 
    Be patient.
  • @Uban_Tribesman Ah yes! Still a nice arrangement visually with all the 1s and 7s :) 
    @Low Ha, so true! I remember reading about the backlash from that

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!