Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Browsing the page source code for the main homepage, it seems that there are embedded audio playback buttons present as well as linkage of some kind to their Spotify, as well as a carousel-style slideshow (which may be code lingering from the Singles era).

While I operate my own website through Squarespace as well, I'm not a coder whatsoever. There are a few recurring phrases here and there, "last-child" being the most eye-catching (though I bet it's just coding jargon). With Squarespace you can create entire new sections of a website and have them hidden only for creators to view, with the option to "publish" being the only thing keeping it locked away from the public eye. I envision that they're finishing up the site right now and will publish soon.

I'm sure it's all technical dribble, but it's been fun (and yet another distraction from this hellish wait) to browse through the lines of code text for hidden secrets in the form of project names, etc. In the end, I can firmly conclude that whoever is maintaining and updating the site knows damn well what they're doing in terms of keeping things under wraps.

Today would have been an awesome day to at least relaunch the site, the 7th and all. Oh well.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-07 15:23:03
  • There's me thinking it looked too new to be anything before Head First! I swear those two are immortal. 

• So we need to wait 'till 7th of February. But the most awesome datę would be the 7 th day of the 7 th month, but It would be a hell of waiting :/
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-01-07 15:55:31
  • Imagine the album was just called Goldfrapp, that'd be an interesting turn of events
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Goldfrapp 7.
    Black Sabbath's first album was eponymously titled, then later, they released another simply called Volume 4, but they also had one called Master of Reality !
    Nah. It will have a snappy title. They always do.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Anyone noticed that there are actually three persons in the new (2nd) picture? 
    See the amount of arms/hands. I guess the position of the legs gives it away anyway, or one of them is veeeeery elastic. 

Maybe these are stills/scenes from the first new video (dancers/performers probably) ...
    Or maybe we won't hear any further news until there's 7 of them in the picture?
    So I personally think none of them is Alison.

Then again it doesn't matter at all and I'm just reading too much into it. 
    But that's what all the fun is about right now, isn't it?

Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-01-07 18:58:35
    Be patient.
  • Nice spot HolyOwl. Had not noticed that.
    Must pay more attention in future (sounds a lot like my old school report!)

• HolyOwl said:

Anyone noticed that there are actually three persons in the new (2nd) picture? 

See the amount of arms/hands. I guess the position of the legs gives it away anyway, or one of them is veeeeery elastic. 

Maybe these are stills/scenes from the first new video (dancers/performers probably) ...
    Or maybe we won't hear any further news until there's 7 of them in the picture?
    So I personally think none of them is Alison.

Then again it doesn't matter at all and I'm just reading too much into it. 
    But that's what all the fun is about right now, isn't it?

You counted arms but did you notice dark hair?
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Looks like me trying to use calligraphy pens...
  • I have noticed it also. Maybe it's cropped picture and whole size has more personas?
  • Can't help but feel like it should spell out something.

• Low said:

Can't help but feel like it should spell out something.

What, like Help did on the Beatles ? ( old Rock n Roll band from the 60's)
    I had noticed the brunette in the picture and mentioned it a few posts earlier (Hubba !) :x
  • Ouuu, I like the idea that it spells something.  Cool.  Only if, as suggested, the picture is actually bigger.  If they didn't, too bad, great idea.  Anyone have a guess?  Or, maybe a sketch?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-01-08 11:47:33
  • I am reminded of animals after an oil slick with that image, perhaps alone in my apocalyptic thinking...
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Looks like me trying to use calligraphy pens...

@Whickwithy designing the new Goldfrapp album cover (the red series).

If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!