Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Please be today.

Please be today.

Please be today.

PLEASE BE TODAY.

• Not today but soon I reckon. Most likely before January's over.

• I'm just anxiously awaiting preorder time, hoping for a nice deluxe edition! Not even so much bothered about learning the album's name or sound, just want to get that order down, it'll feel real then if that makes sense.
  • i hope they call the album "50" because alison is 50 and i hope it is a collection of super depressing songs about lost and/or unrequited love... oh wait... sorry - that'll be Adele's 7th album. SORRY.
  • Y'know I've just realised we've had no studio pictures this time, we've had one for them all so far I think. Maybe Head First didn't have one? That's usually the first teaser picture we get though, a little shot of them tinkering away. I always liked those shots.
  • rewak said:

Y'know I've just realised we've had no studio pictures this time, we've had one for them all so far I think. Maybe Head First didn't have one? That's usually the first teaser picture we get though, a little shot of them tinkering away. I always liked those shots.

I remember seeing one back in the days of 2009 when she still had a blog. Quite a few on there, I think. Can't remember the ToU one though.

• I think this was Tales, but maybe they were Head First?

• I'm pretty certain this is Head First, taking into consideration the fact that Will's goatee isn't as greyed as Little Noise / Tales. The big giveaway is Alison's hair length - it was flowing and free-spirited for Seventh Tree but was cut to this specific length for the Head First era, then given a seductive short cut for Tales (my fav style on her).
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-07 15:00:02
  • That photo was from Seventh Tree era :)
  • Well bugger me! My perception of time has completely warped :P Guess we haven't had any for a while then, except the little documentaries.
  • Browsing the page source code for the main homepage, it seems that there are embedded audio playback buttons present as well as linkage of some kind to their Spotify, as well as a carousel-style slideshow (which may be code lingering from the Singles era).

While I operate my own website through Squarespace as well, I'm not a coder whatsoever. There are a few recurring phrases here and there, "last-child" being the most eye-catching (though I bet it's just coding jargon). With Squarespace you can create entire new sections of a website and have them hidden only for creators to view, with the option to "publish" being the only thing keeping it locked away from the public eye. I envision that they're finishing up the site right now and will publish soon.

I'm sure it's all technical dribble, but it's been fun (and yet another distraction from this hellish wait) to browse through the lines of code text for hidden secrets in the form of project names, etc. In the end, I can firmly conclude that whoever is maintaining and updating the site knows damn well what they're doing in terms of keeping things under wraps.

Today would have been an awesome day to at least relaunch the site, the 7th and all. Oh well.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-07 15:23:03
  • There's me thinking it looked too new to be anything before Head First! I swear those two are immortal. 

• So we need to wait 'till 7th of February. But the most awesome datę would be the 7 th day of the 7 th month, but It would be a hell of waiting :/
    Post edited by Turqs at 2017-01-07 15:55:31
  • Imagine the album was just called Goldfrapp, that'd be an interesting turn of events
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!