Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Someone on Wikipedia added album title - Pangæa.
  • jenkins25 said:

Someone on Wikipedia added album title - Pangæa.

that's a very Bjork-y title. I like it. And it fits with the geology theme!
  • There's been a couple of duff titles, between 'Into The Future' and this new one, I wouldn't hold your breath.  I don't know if they'd release a title like that as well, would sure be a new approach!
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I kind of hope they follow the current trend of just dropping the album without much fuss. It really is a lot more fun the slow burner of Single one month, album 4 months later, by which stage it's leaked and a large chunk of excitement gone. 

• Depends on the single's released I think.  When I was eagerly awaiting one of my favourite singers' new albums, he released a couple of really rubbish singles to start after a long time of waiting and it totally killed the hype.  If the 'Frapp were to drop a really hot extended mix of something brand new, i'm sure i'd lap it up :D 
  • If the 7th wasn't a Saturday it would be a cool idea.  But, would anyone release an album on a Saturday?  I'm just asking.  Haven't got a clue, really.  But, we don't have long to wait to find out.  I would think, though, that there might be a little more pre-promotion, also?
  • Pangæa, the last of the super continents, surrounded by a super ocean, Panthalassa.
    I could see Goldfrapp following this to a degree, especially with an album in their canon called Supernature, but more as theme of collectiveness rather than Pangæa itself, as that is too close to a concept album, and the nearest we have had to that is TOU and its themed tracks associated with names.
    It is a Geological theme though. More here
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthalassa
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Could very well be the actual album title. After all, what do people adding things anonymously to Wikipedia have to gain, really? Note how the font is bolded too as a placeholder for an eventual hyperlink to the album's wiki page.

Also note how Alison is being ever-so-teasing by being extremely silent for long periods only to return with posting or retweeting things pertaining to animal welfare, etc. (a noble cause, mind you).

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-06 13:42:03

• The most interesting thing to me about your articles (liked the articles, also) is the modified wikipedia format.  How did you ever find that?

• The most interesting thing to me about your articles (liked the articles, also) is the modified wikipedia format.  How did you ever find that?

Note the ".m" in the url address. It's the mobile version of the site  ;)

• Hmm, well it's got depth behind it.  I'm trying to now link that up with all the pictures we've seen recently involving the figures, what is their importance or meaning behind all this?  What does their hands/arms being black represent? 

I think it was just somebody who enjoys a bit of fan fiction taking it a bit far.  Surprised 'Armadillo' hasn't been on Wikipedia yet!
  • jenkins25 said:

Trouble is, anyone who has a Wiki login ( I do for example) can edit the page and add stuff. When TOU was released, I edited the page for Tottenham House, adding in the popular culture section that the video for Drew was shot there.
    As they say, never trust anything on Wiki without cross checking it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham,_Wiltshire
  • Thanks, Low.  I like it, even on my computer.
  • jenkins25 said:

Trouble is, anyone who has a Wiki login ( I do for example) can edit the page and add stuff. When TOU was released, I edited the page for Tottenham House, adding in the popular culture section that the video for Drew was shot there.
    As they say, never trust anything on Wiki without cross checking it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham,_Wiltshire

Sure, I don't believe that is proper album title. I just wanted to mention it. As someone have said before, discography section on Wikipedia has been edited a couple of times the other day. It is showing that something is happening, someone wants to tease us.
  • Interesting that the website is just what appears to be a holding/redirect page at the moment. I remember for one of the albums, they had a small snippet of one track on the site which played on a loop every time you went onto it. Maybe that is where we hear something first, once the site begins to expand again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!