Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Too funny.  I did a google search on that image.  You wouldn't believe what came up as similar images.  Cracks me up.
  • It's been a long time

A new album at last!
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Good to see you back here, BM x
  • "Album back"

So... back of the album cover? 
    :P

• whispered said:

Good to see you back here, BM x

Thanks.

Here's hoping for a Goldfrapp antidote to the crappiest of times we're in..

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • BM!  How cool to see you back!
  • Lovely 2 C U

too
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Nice to see some old playmates coming back. You can tell by the number of posts now waiting for you when you come back to the forum after a day away.
    And in their masters chamber ....(again)
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Anyone else think we'll get news on the 7th? #goldfrapp7
  • Looks like this album is going to be a little upbeat. I hope so! 
    (but if not, it'll be still wonderful and I'll be very happy)
  • They really ought to release a proper chunk of information within the next few days for certain. Now that they have the general public's attention, however long that lasts (and if the album comes out within a month or so as rumoured), this week really would be the time to release a single or sound snippet at least, along with the title and release date.

Not just my anxiousness over the next album talking either, I assure you! Simply stating that there would be no harm in announcing something soon, and that waiting to reveal more info is rather pointless now that so many people are eager for more. It's definitely soon - otherwise, why would they go to the trouble of changing all their online profile images and begin teasing imagery? They've been fiddling quite a bit with the site too, swapping images out and whatnot. 

Of course, I'm certain they have the whole thing planned out. The hard part is facing the "unknown" factor of when, as it stands currently. I really hope they're going to announce something within the next week or so. Music festivals are starting to announce lineups for the summer as well, so if they're touring then an announcement of the album soon would be ideal in that regard also (promoters taking notice before all slots are filled, etc.).
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-06 00:18:45
  • Someone on Wikipedia added album title - Pangæa.
  • jenkins25 said:

Someone on Wikipedia added album title - Pangæa.

that's a very Bjork-y title. I like it. And it fits with the geology theme!
  • There's been a couple of duff titles, between 'Into The Future' and this new one, I wouldn't hold your breath.  I don't know if they'd release a title like that as well, would sure be a new approach!
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I kind of hope they follow the current trend of just dropping the album without much fuss. It really is a lot more fun the slow burner of Single one month, album 4 months later, by which stage it's leaked and a large chunk of excitement gone. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!