Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • I really want Goldfrapp to have another colourful album cover but I really don't think that'll happen in this case. Please not two Chromatic colours in a row  :-/

• Don't look at the cover, look at the inside!
  • I had the photo of her standing with the glittery horse (which I can't find for the life of me anymore) from the Supernature era for long enough as my desktop wallpaper, I loved it.  Alison is an understated marvel :-)

Here's the two images from the site as it stands currently. 

P.S, have no clue how to post images
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-02 16:53:37
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

I had the photo of her standing with the glittery horse (which I can't find for the life of me anymore) from the Supernature era for long enough as my desktop wallpaper, I loved it.  Alison is an understated marvel :-)

Here's the two images from the site as it stands currently. 

P.S, have no clue how to post images

Something along the lines of those as the artwork would be heavenly  :x
    Cannot wait to see/hear more.

• ^Added the pictures, though I forgot if there was a way to resize them? Ah well. Look.imageimage

So many possibilities!

I'm ok with both colour and black/white stuff. As long as the music will be good all should be fine.
    Maybe.

*edit I'm absolutely in love with the colours of the first pictures. 

:))
    Post edited by Anoukvdm at 2017-01-03 11:09:30
  • lovely, thanks, anouk x
  • I wonder if Alison has taken all the photographs? That would be awesome too..... ! Lets hope we see Alison and Will within the booklet!
  • Minsku said:

Personally I’m not all that excited yet. I haven’t been actively listening to Goldfrapp since 2014, so it’s going to take more than two photos to get me interested again.

That being said…

Anoukvdm said:

I am already planning on spending all the money I have saved (not really) on this album and the tour (assuming there will be one of course) and there isn't even a release date yet.

Hopefully they won’t release anything until autumn at the earliest. Really need to earn some money first so I can afford everything that comes with a new album. :)) ;)

Welcome back Minsku. We've missed your particular brand of reality !
    The proof of any pudding is in the eating. I am hoping for a Felt Mountain/Black Cherry cross over rather than a Head First, but I do love enigmatic crossed with sinister overtones.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • New pic
    goldfrapp
    images are very sci fi
  • New pic
    goldfrapp
    images are very sci fi

That pic has been up for a week or so now, but yes I do love the theme also.
  • Gaelen said:

... I had contacted Halloween Jack back in July about joining but he never got back to me and I left it...

Hi. Was that via e-mail? I do check (& reply) but I don't seem to have received any Goldfrappy emails in July.
  • Gaelen said:

... I had contacted Halloween Jack back in July about joining but he never got back to me and I left it...

Hi. Was that via e-mail? I do check (& reply) but I don't seem to have received any Goldfrappy emails in July.

It was indeed, the @orionsoft.co.uk address.  It's no worries, still enjoyed reading here for the months afterwards :-)
  • Hmm - i guess it might have gone into my junk folder. Sorry you were left (temporarily) high and dry!

On another note... which was the picture that had "back cover" as its name? One of those posted above?
  • Yes, the one that Anoukvdm posted first with the blue sky was labelled 'AlbumBack' in the code.
  • Cheers. That is a cracker of a pic.

Oh if anyone is on Facebook (stop that booing & hissing at the back) and would like to join the Goldfrapp group I set-up (there's only about 60 of us on it).. just let me know. It is set as "secret" so cannot be found through search etc. Just a small group of keen Frappers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!