Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • I like to think Paul Weller gave Liam a fucking good slapping!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Then re-enacted a scene from Deliverance for Alison's edification. Sweeeeee ! :@)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-01 06:33:42
  • Looks like Angie's on board !
  • Haha I like the way you're thinking UT. I did the same thing when I saw your tweet "Gee, lets see who liked it" ;)
  • Another two new phothos on the website and Facebook/Instagram accounts. Hope they will announce something via mailing list really soon.
  • The album cover mystery continues. "2017 here we come" on the 1st January is a very encouraging sign!

• I expect you are about out of tokens, UT?

No WW. We now have unlimited invites,
  • Just been talking to Minsku and Anouk on Twitter. Hopefully, both will try to return to the forum!
  • The album cover mystery continues. "2017 here we come" on the 1st January is a very encouraging sign!

No, I mentioned somewhere that I had seen that one picture with the two women with white hair on a list of Goldfrapp album covers.  I can't remember the site I saw it on but it seemed a rather official site.

Well, this one, but it's not the one I was thinking of.

This quote is from the Goldfrapp Wiki page...

"In July 2015, Alison Goldfrapp announced on Twitter that the group had returned to the studio to work on music for the forthcoming seventh album, but as far as a release date she could only state it would be "sometime in 2017".[53] in December 2016 Goldfrapp posted on their Instagram page the covers of their first six studio albums. On 23 December 2016 Goldfrapp posted an image of two topless figures holding each others heads with bleached blonde hair covering their faces, and something black (oil?) slicked across their forearms, with the hashtag #goldfrapp7. The social media upload is hinting that it is the artwork for the duos untitled seventh studio album."
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-01-01 18:17:09
  • jenkins25 said:

Another two new phothos on the website and Facebook/Instagram accounts. Hope they will announce something via mailing list really soon.

Have you found a way into the website?  I keep getting just "sign up for info".
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-01-01 18:13:57
  • I think that's all that's live just now, which means there's no trickery to get further past that.  I have noticed that the website is now called 'Gold Frapp' according to the main Google index, which is bizarre.  Could just be a wee mistake in the development of the new site?  Also peculiar how they've decided to get rid of the two charred figures and opted for a volcanic backdrop on the main site.

Edit:  When I was messing with the images on the website, i've come across the names of both current lives ones (Main page & Forum redirect), the one on the forum page is called 'Album Back', while the one of the main page is labelled as static image number 3.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-02 06:39:48
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Interesting Gaelen that you have uncovered the title of the volcano view pic as Album Back. Rather a giveaway is it not. Have you been mining Metadata?
    I had also not considered the two figures as 'charred'. Hell, Mrs UT and I are still debating if they are both female! The second pic where from above, where one has dark hair suggests they are both female to me, but then I have always been a sucker for a brunette!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-02 08:20:46
  • I am already planning on spending all the money I have saved (not really) on this album and the tour (assuming there will be one of course) and there isn't even a release date yet.
    I am absolutely fascinated by the pictures they have shared so far and hoping for something that has both Black Cherry and Tales of Us influences.

I won't mind being wrong about this though. :O

Also, it took me a while to remember how to reach the forum. So I can imagine it must be rather difficult for new members to get here? Hope this will change :)

Post edited by Anoukvdm at 2017-01-02 09:13:49
  • Welcome back Anouk !! Hopefully, Minsku will find her way back as well.

This is my current laptop screen wallpaper. Perhaps a change is in the offing?

• ^^^ Arrrgh but that is a gorgeous one!!!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!