Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • You are absolutely right, UT.  It's very nice to find you really like a conversation.   So, where's Appy been?  I hope he's okay.

He is. We shared a Snowball with them tonight ( the drink with Advocat - get us !) . They lost Mrs Appy's Mum just before Christmas so it's been manic but as well as can be expected in the circumstances. You can find him on Twitter too if you want to say hello. Same posting name as the board, @Appy61

Thanks for the concern Whicky - it's been a bit of a strange year culminating in the sad events mentioned by UT, we're still working through that one with the funeral postponed until next Friday due to Christmas. It has certainly been a year of light and shade and, along with many, we're hoping for some better outcomes in 2017. I've now got the task of scanning the hundreds of posts on here since August and hope to find something interesting to say. We'll talk soon and all the best for the new year to all. Thoughts are with HJ as I am aware of his sad loss in the last few days. (I'm assuming he's mentioned it somewhere on here and not just FB?)
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Not to my knowledge. I am only aware through you seeing it on FB but I did share a PM with him.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Goldfrapp Bingo was hilarious. I don't know why.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Listening, strangely enough, to a lot of Goldfrapp for the first time in quite a while. My subconscious is prepping me.

• Sorry for your loss Appy and HJ's.  Yeah, unless there is WWIII, I think 2017 has to be better, right?

I agree IUV.  I went out of my way to bingo a few times.  Really did it up last night though that was not the initial intention.  In fact, I have no idea what the intention was.
  • It was fun, UT!  Glad you were up while I was babbling.
  • Yah, it was Sartori that used to take a snapshot of the posts if anyone dared post five or more in a row and title it "Bingo!".

Nah , you misremember , the game was "Alan Bingo" , you had to get 5 Alan posts in a row - it was only Alan , peasants don`t count ;) 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • He was one nobleman among filthy peasants?
  • Sartori said:

Yah, it was Sartori that used to take a snapshot of the posts if anyone dared post five or more in a row and title it "Bingo!".

Nah , you misremember , the game was "Alan Bingo" , you had to get 5 Alan posts in a row - it was only Alan , peasants don`t count ;) 

Ah!  So, I thought you might still be around.  Funny how everyone stopped talking for the longest time.  It's too bad that Alan was driven off and isn't still hanging round.

I wonder how many others are in stealth mode?
  • And 

Sartori said:

Yah, it was Sartori that used to take a snapshot of the posts if anyone dared post five or more in a row and title it "Bingo!".

Ah!  So, I thought you might still be around.  Funny how everyone stopped talking for the longest time.  It's too bad that Alan was driven off and isn't still hanging round.

I wonder how many others are in stealth mode?

I haven`t been here since my last post Feb 2015 
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • So, what brought you?   Just Serendipity?
  • Louise posted the pic about the new stuff on the Goldfrapp FB group , remembered the forum existed , Googled it & thought "wonder if any of the cool kids on the forum have any more news"
  • Facebook is killing forums :(
    Post edited by Turqs at 2016-12-31 09:28:54
  • Welcome back @Sartori. @A_is_A was gone so long she forgot her password!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-12-31 12:15:15
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I just re-listened to 'Birds of Fire' Whickwithy. Perhaps that's what you were listening to while smoking hash last night, haha. Now the Kinks-
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-12-31 10:12:10
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!