Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • The anticipation is killing me! I'm hoping this album is a bit more up beat. I love all of them, but Supernature and Head First were my favorites. Never understood why people didn't like HF... 
  • The anticipation is killing me! I'm hoping this album is a bit more up beat. I love all of them, but Supernature and Head First were my favorites. Never understood why people didn't like HF... 

I sympathize with you about HF. So many dismiss it before considering such wondrous tracks as Dreaming, Head First, Hunt (which should have been a single, dammit!), and Shiny & Warm. The only tracks on it that don't really get many plays from me are Alive and I Wanna Life (mainly because the lyrics are so bland in my opinion). 

I still think We Radiate should have substituted one of those two or been tacked on before Voicething, making it a nice solid 10 tracks. If album 7 is an upbeat stomper as many of us hope, it sure as hell will be directed as far away from HF as possible to both avoid sameness and a lack of evolution in sound. Hopefully they took the dystopian sci-fi approach.

Perhaps we'll have more tracks like Thea and Let it Take You, the former of which I wonder might have been a taste of what is to come. 

I really hope so. That chorus. Just... my God. Wow.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-12-29 14:43:00
  • Tales of Us swiftly became my favorite Goldfrapp album and I still feel that it is. It's their most fully-realized work and it is absolutely stunning from start to finish. That said, I welcome something a bit more "amped" up from them.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Slippage said:

The only tracks on it that don't really get many plays from me are Alive and I Wanna Life (mainly because the lyrics are so bland in my opinion).

"Jump up and pull on my jeans. It feels good, they're a little tight"

You should feel bad and your opinion is bad
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-12-29 17:42:41
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I'd love something that can rival You Never Know. That song is a 3:28 electropop odyssey.

• LuDux said:

Slippage said:

The only tracks on it that don't really get many plays from me are Alive and I Wanna Life (mainly because the lyrics are so bland in my opinion).

"Jump up and pull on my jeans. It feels good, they're a little tight"

You should feel bad and your opinion is bad

LOL!

Forgot about that line. Shame on me!
    To be fair, I don't really hate any of the songs on HF. Perhaps I just got bored with these tracks (which says a powerful lot about my character when put into perspective with that "jeans" line...)
    :-\"

• Post edited by peterofbrill at 2016-12-30 16:23:25
  • You're just a little late there but, thanks for quote.  On one of these pages, you will see the article.
  • Hello folks!  Newbie here :-)

After months of reading the forum I thought that on the eve of a new album arriving, now would be a good time to (have to ask to) join.  I'm excited about this album, and strongly suspect there will be a hybrid between Supernature & ToU, which surely cannot go wrong!  Keeping my eyes peeled on new information 
    ~O)
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Welcome, Galeen.  So, I'm curious, how did you go about asking?  It seems like it would be worthwhile to post that in that one thread that pops up.  

Once this album is out, I expect at LOT of people are going to want to join.

You have no idea, Galeen, how much this place needs new blood.
  • Best way to Get invited is to go and ask UT ;)
  • But, how did you contact him, if you weren't on this message-board?  I just think it would be a really good idea to put something on that FAQ thing about how to go about it.  I expect you are about out of tokens, UT?

Actually, it looks like HJ did a pretty good job of covering one way to contact a member in the FAQs.  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-12-31 09:23:03
  • I've found him on Twitter. And it's quite nicely explained somewhere on the forum... But you need to find the forum first (when I started my live as a Frapper around October the link to the forum was on the main page, and if you type 'goldfapp forum' in your browser GMB is quite high on the list).

But hell it was quite tricky to gather some info ;)
  • I have no idea about their source, but there are some juicy comments on this MOJO 2017-albums-preview:
  • From the description new album seems to be very Thea-like.

And if it'll be stomping album I hope that Angie P. will recover quickly & will be around during the tour.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!