Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Guess the Sound #Goldfrapp7 Poll
  • 38 Comments sorted by
  • Joey said:

A blurb in the latest issue of Mojo states that the album has a "synth-heavy sound... think stomping underground electronica, sensual ethereal melodies, metal machine pop."

Oh my God, I'm so fucking excited!!!!! [-O< I want to read that piece, do you have a link??
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2016-12-26 22:36:37
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Joey said:

A blurb in the latest issue of Mojo states that the album has a "synth-heavy sound... think stomping underground electronica, sensual ethereal melodies, metal machine pop."

They talk about the album?  :O

• Joey said:

You could be describing Black Cherry Joey. Sounds good!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I looked online, but I can't find it anywhere :( I did see that NME, Idolator and Digital Spy all put out little blurbs about the picture tease. But I couldn't find anything that makes mention of what the work sounds like.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Try this. select the following and copy/paste it into the google search bar with quotes around it..  I'm not terribly impressed as to the only source I found for that exact quote...Never found anything called mojo that had the quote on line.  Found some mojo and goldfrapp but nothing like this quote.  Oh, heck, here's the only link I found: http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread.php?103-Goldfrapp/page58

You might ask them for a link.

synth-heavy sound... think stomping underground electronica

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-12-27 18:54:51
  • I'm always amazed that you go on several of these more general music discussion/forum sites, and they start a discussion on Goldfrapp when there is news like a new album, and all these people pop up swearing their undying love for the band and declaring what a huge fan they are, but you never see them here, where the whole conceit of the site is Goldfrapp based.
    Strange.perhaps it's a test !
  • Just remember that it is almost impossible now to sign up for this site unless you know somebody.
  • Particularly now the forum link is not on the site home page.
    @Turqs was the last joiner I know of and we bumped into each other on Twitter.
  • Particularly now the forum link is not on the site home page.
    @Turqs was the last joiner I know of and we bumped into each other on Twitter.

I found you through GMB actually. I've found forum through Goldfrapp home page, then when clicking on Twitter I've seen familiar nick (no pun intended ;) ) & commented.

Crawled on the GMB a while before going on Twitter (and checking AG, AP & others tweets).
  • Try this. select the following and copy/paste it into the google search bar with quotes around it..  I'm not terribly impressed as to the only source I found for that exact quote...Never found anything called mojo that had the quote on line.  Found some mojo and goldfrapp but nothing like this quote.  Oh, heck, here's the only link I found: http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread.php?103-Goldfrapp/page58

I've found the article, it's in the February 2017 edition of MOJO magazine. There's not much besides that info...
  • kaleb20 said:

Try this. select the following and copy/paste it into the google search bar with quotes around it..  I'm not terribly impressed as to the only source I found for that exact quote...Never found anything called mojo that had the quote on line.  Found some mojo and goldfrapp but nothing like this quote.  Oh, heck, here's the only link I found: http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread.php?103-Goldfrapp/page58

I've found the article, it's in the February 2017 edition of MOJO magazine. There's not much besides that info...

Can you screenshot it and post? Would like to check it out

I blabber on about this again and again, but for years I've been saying this:

A project with an atmosphere and sound similar to the Perfect Dark Soundtrack / Judas Remix / Ghost in the Shell original anime with dystopian (Handmaid's Tale / Children of Men) undertones is a given.
    The question is when.

I think it's now. That little blurb, right there.
    Stomping.
    Metal Machine Pop.
    It's got to be this one.
    Please, for the love of God let it be now.

(This is assuming the blurb isn't mere speculation)

Alison is the modern-day Tallulah Bankhead to me - and I mean that in every way as a heartfelt compliment; an iconic symbol of feminine fortitude and prowess. This would be  S U C H  an impactful direction. Just think of the artwork, wardrobe, promos and music videos.

Oh, my. The videos. I can NOT wait. This album, if marketed and utilized effectively, could do better than Supernature and bring them back into demand. They could do so well off of it. It's not like she has to be jumping around and draining her energy. Her voice and presence merely standing there amidst such a backdrop and sonic atmosphere would be even more powerful.

Post edited by Slippage at 2016-12-29 15:05:12
  • Tallulah Bankhead.  Interesting.  "Pure as the driven slush".  Ha!
  • First, great idea, A! 

Ponygurl said:

Something futuristic sounding would be nice..who really knows what that means though. Something futury soundtrackish or soundtrackingly futuristic. Then again, I've been listening to the Solaris OST..and that's prob why I'm leaning in such a direction. Hypnotically Sci-Fi 

I'm also getting these futuristic, cinematic vibes. But in a more mainstream way.
    I'll just call it 
    Futuristic Eclectic Wave Pop for now.
    Something crisp, crystal, clear in its high notes. Something pulsating, demanding in its subwoover.
    Something fresh, otherworldy but still in touch with terrestrial nature in between. 
    Like dancing at a funeral, and everyone's appreciating it. 

And as always some Strings'n'Synths.

Maybe some kind of hippie music of the (very near) dark future?
    This is what came to my mind instantly: 

1 - Dangerous Days 
    2 - Beat & The Pulse 
    5 - Overgrown 

Somehow fits in with the MOJO stuff quite well, doesn't it?
    In the end I'll take whatever they serve me, they're a goddam 4 stars restaurant of music.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-01-01 19:22:46
    Be patient.
  • Aww man...Slippage and Holy Owl! Hi guys. I love the stuff you posted and who's fantastic pictures?? Thank Joey for finding that blurb from Mojo. It's given us all an exciting little jolt! Like Jules said above, I'm fairly certain I'll be well pleased with whatever they've come up with, but it is fun trying to guess at what it'll be. Like kids before Christmas, fondling wrapped presents trying to guess at what's inside.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!