Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • ficchi said:

I'm not sold on that being the cover of the album. They went to the Canary Islands to make use of the fantastic scenery, seems a bit odd to have such a plain album cover.

This new image was possibly created a couple of months before the Canary Islands shoot, around late September/early October, I suspect. If you check out her Instagram account, there is an entry dated 18 September, with her fingers stained black. "D.I.Y. selfie..mucking about at home..." so she was probably experimenting? 

Definitely possible. It'd be an interesting take, but I'm used to Goldfrapp albums looking a little more scenic.

• Low said:

ficchi said:

I'm not sold on that being the cover of the album. They went to the Canary Islands to make use of the fantastic scenery, seems a bit odd to have such a plain album cover.

This new image was possibly created a couple of months before the Canary Islands shoot, around late September/early October, I suspect. If you check out her Instagram account, there is an entry dated 18 September, with her fingers stained black. "D.I.Y. selfie..mucking about at home..." so she was probably experimenting? 

Definitely possible. It'd be an interesting take, but I'm used to Goldfrapp albums looking a little more scenic.

I quite agree - there's a post on the hair stylist's Instagram account that rather looks like her standing in the desert. (I say rather because, well, they're all ant-sized in that post) 
  • ficchi said:

Low said:

ficchi said:

I quite agree - there's a post on the hair stylist's Instagram account that rather looks like her standing in the desert. (I say rather because, well, they're all ant-sized in that post) 

Seems it was on the dunes in FuerteVentura :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNE10KdjYpr/?taken-by=the_hairy_stylist
  • kaleb20 said:

ficchi said:

Low said:

ficchi said:

Ah, yes! And I found the picture, too;

And this of her with black-stained hands:

And she seems to have reddish brownish hair in the pic with her moisturising face mask? haha. Now that would be cool, a change in hair tone.

• Hi Whispered! Merry Christmas everybody!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ficchi said:

Not all the previous album covers have been scenic. Take Felt Mountain, split the image down the middle, then reverse the two images and what do you get?
    I think they went to the Canaries to shoot film....
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-12-25 17:20:38
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ficchi said:

Not all the previous album covers have been scenic. Take Felt Mountain, split the image down the middle, then reverse the two images and what do you get?
    I think they went to the Canaries to shoot film....

Well... something a bit more... atmospheric  >:D<

• There's that V again

• As it was recorded in Texas, perhaps that's Johnny and Edgar Winter in the picture?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-12-25 19:59:50
  • It seems like that picture with the mirror was mysteriously erased... :P

Maybe it was Alison with the black mountain backdrops!
    ficchi said:

kaleb20 said:

ficchi said:

Low said:

ficchi said:

Ah, yes! And I found the picture, too;

And this of her with black-stained hands:

And she seems to have reddish brownish hair in the pic with her moisturising face mask? haha. Now that would be cool, a change in hair tone.

• There's that V again

I suppose you knew that "V again" was an anagram for...
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-12-25 20:22:49
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I was aware of the cult of Venus, as, I am sure, is Alision, being ones of its high priestesses.
    Which gives this a whole new perspective! Is it all about Yoni?
  • The release of TOU was anticipated by an official press release and that little trailer (remember? - with the handwritten titles?) in mid June.

This site got re-done about then and then Lauren Laverne played "Drew" on her radio show in mid July.

They played a couple of songs at the Manchester International Festival a day or two later.

So it was about 11 weeks after the official announcement that TOU finally came out.

It feels like the PR machine is just rousing itself atm, but we aren't committed to this kind of timetable yet.

• The album annoucemements appears, mostly, 3 months before the release. So, if the album is scheduled to be released for example in February, info should appear just in couple of days (or in the beginning of 2017).
  • Cool. That picture is now showing up when you do a google search on Goldfrapp.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!