Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • Yep, that about sums it up. It's been a Shitzkrieg !
    I mean David Bowie and Prince in the same year. If you believe in Karma, then somebody really fucked up big time at the end of 2015.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Been on google but can't find an image of excrement that's big enough.

•  If you believe in Karma, then somebody really fucked up big time at the end of 2015.

Lemmy died. He held the fabric of the world together.
  • Ian Fraser Kilmister, AKA Lemmy. Born in Stoke on Trent, roadie to one James Marshall Hendrix and Bass player in Hawkwind ( who had the naked dancer Stacia if you remember) . Interesting character!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-11-26 17:44:04
  • The world is doomed. But apparently Goldfrapp will make it and release new album before it's all totally screwed. It's not so easy to bring Armageddon overnight.
  • Overnight Armegeddon. Playing at the Dublin Castle next Friday. Support band is Ragnarök ( The Twilight of the Gods).
  • But seriously - so many things went totally wrong this year. Maybe not in my personal life, but a lot of idiot politicians are trumphing (well it was misspelled, but I dont correct it, because... It was Freudian mistake)...

And I hate seeing that grinning monkey Farage.
    Post edited by Turqs at 2016-11-27 04:24:01
  • In January, I had investigations for heart irregularities. Within 2 weeks, Bowie and Rickman were dead. By April, I had been diagnosed with a form of lupus..The same week, Victoria Wood died.

In June, I started treatment for a newly diagnosed lung disease and shortly afterwards, Britain voted for Brexit.

Three emergency admissions to hospital since September coincided with 1) Jeremy Clarkson launching the new version of Top gear all over the fucking place  2) an announcement that it had been the worst year on record for UK butterflies. 3)  November 7th

It's taken me 4 hours to get dressed this morning. Let's hope I get better soon, know what I'm saying?
    Post edited by whispered at 2016-11-27 09:37:10
  • We all hope so too Whisperit. You forgot to mention your name change too.
    For me it's been a year of mixed fortunes too. A lot of changes and stress at work, but at least I have a job and I count my blessings. A big op which scared me witless but has reduced my pain considerably since and was well worth it, so I'm very chuffed about that. Marriage postponed..yet again....but hey, still with my better half and she hasn't left me yet! Gained a few pounds in weight and got a few more stress lines but hey ho! Must keep looking on the bright side. We have to try.
    Did I mention I've started writing a book? Not the education / curriculum one I did last year which still needs to go to publishers ( haven't got round to that bit lol).. No, a new fiction book...
    Wish me luck!
  • Well I'm still dealing with the Orlando thing myself. How do you fight evil without just eliminating it? There's a part of me that still feels enraged about it. Pure wrath. I'm just gonna pray that divine justice will have its day. Ultimately it will.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That's all perfectly natural. Anyone who says you can fight hate with love is misguided. Only the decent people who love can stick together and unify and hope they retain the majority... The way things are now, who knows if that's even true?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!