Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • I've shed a few pounds.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I got up this morning and immediately wrote this. It came from a state of 'flow', writing whatever words came into my mind. Buried language that flows up from the ground like a spring. It's refreshing to write from that state of consciousness-

Your equal, your opposite
    A pain that I needed to heal, directions and medications, solitude. An embrace, a reply, the answer is yes, have I ever? Did I ever? A pain that revealed. The eye, the heart, the sky breaks into stars. The road, the taste, a mountainous undertaking. Did you ever? A line, the Sun, deaths and resurrections. Reasons and shadows, forgetfulness. Warmth, fires left burning, disaster and hope, questions and secrets. Kisses, handshakes, early frosts and lit candles. Dreaming, a blanket of forest, destiny. Devotion and disappearance, bloodflow and trees. Singing, symbols, an arrangement. A need, an intention, the sky breaking with gold.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^And that is the spirit I most love in Goldfrapp. Hints and subtleties yet with power and depth. Thanks, PG! x. 
  • So this happened this week. We were clearing out a store room at the house to find some space to store some of Mrs U T's older paintings. Among them was one from about 30 years ago when she was a student and is a painting that looks like a seaside postcard featuring Clacton on Sea where we lived at the time, That type of postcard that has 4 or 5 views on it. It was an experimental piece and each of the sections is done in a different media. As we had not seen it for many years, I took a photo of it and Tweeted it. About 3 days later, a reporter from the local paper contacted her and asked if they could do a local interest piece on it.
    See attached. See, you never know when your previous life will catch up with you !

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local/clacton/14943834.Artist_Lisa_unearths_33_year_old_painting_of_Clacton_in_its_heyday/?ref=rss
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Nice work. I painted an extremely detailed watercolour from the abbey cliff top overlooking Whitby when I was 16 years old and on holiday there with family. I had to stay at the digs on the ( now eroded) cliff top because I had torn my cruciate ligament scampering up the abbey steps ( served me right). I was really proud of this particular painting and ma and pa had it framed. Many years on, I had it, along with an enormous oil I was very fond of, in a house that I rented out fully furnished. You learn by your mistakes. All the contents of the house were nicked, including my paintings, light bulbs, everything. Maybe they will both turn up one day in the Antiques Roadshow. Or maybe they've both fed someon's bonfire already.

Thought I'd show you a few samples of the work I've been doing recently, ink pictures that are going on show in the Spring. I use a variety of different types of ink including alcohol inks, shimmer inks and drawing inks; also nail polishes, Angelina fibres and gilding flakes and foil. These pics won't show the way they catch the light and the texture in them and they do look better in complementary mounts and frames - photos here are a bit rubbish really!

This one has got fabric on it too.

This one has a relief surface so the ink has collected little shimmery pools on it.

The fibres really shimmer on this one - you can't tell in the photo. I'd be interested in what you think, esp Mrs UT!
  • I should add that when Im using alcohol inks I clean my brushes and make washes with gin - what a waste!!
  • I really like pictures 4 & 5. How much would you ask for them?
  • Not a clue. Im used to giving stuff away. Catherine keeps reminding me that now Im earning next to nothing Ive got to stop doing that but I don't feel comfortable with being a Capitalist lol. 
  • I do really like the pictures. The colours are so bright and vivid!

Dont broadcast too loudly that you use alcohol ink or you will find us all camping outside your house.

In the 4th picture i can see you have used leaves. I love the plum and magenta colours mixed with gold leaf.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!