Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • They don't do long albums.... Ten tracks is average for Goldfrapp. Personally all my favourite records have been ten tracks and nice and trim.. I think it makes them easier to get into and appreciate.
  • The "1st 500 copies will be signed by Goldfrapp" line is removed now from the description of the box set in the store.
    Post edited by ridd at 2013-06-17 09:57:08
  • ridd said:

The "1st 500 copies will be signed by Goldfrapp" line is removed now from the description of the box set in the store.

Looks like they've had 500 orders then....

• we need a new single now! single mix, album mix, instrumental, digital!!! Please I hate wating!
  • It seems that Alison & Will have some outtakes from Tales Of Us session. On ASCAP ACE title search I've seen some new titles: Lee and C Tune. There is also a song called String Overlay, but it's for movie or something like that (the publisher is Ecosse Films Ltd.)
  • jenkins25 said:

It seems that Alison & Will have some outtakes from Tales Of Us session. On ASCAP ACE title search I've seen some new titles: Lee and C Tune. There is also a song called String Overlay, but it's for movie or something like that (the publisher is Ecosse Films Ltd.)

Exciting! Perhaps they will appear on the box set's bonus cd?

• Ecosse Films stuff is Nowhere Boy's score. Lee and C Tune are new though, and if you follow the track registration numbers

Clay - Work ID: 885519871 (Last track on Tales)
    C Tune - Work ID: 885519872
    Lee - Work ID: 885519873

That fits. Although i'd hope i didn't pay £75 for 2 extra tracks, little more please!
  • rewak said:

Ecosse Films stuff is Nowhere Boy's score. Lee and C Tune are new though, and if you follow the track registration numbers

Clay - Work ID: 885519871 (Last track on Tales)
    C Tune - Work ID: 885519872
    Lee - Work ID: 885519873

That fits. Although i'd hope i didn't pay £75 for 2 extra tracks, little more please!

No, you paid it for two cds, a dvd, a 12" book, the vinyl, a poster, a lithograph, some signatures and a happy smile to yourself one day in December when the postie gets a hernia delivering them >:)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • The signatures, bonus cd, book and vinyl are the reasons I bought it. It's very difficult to find anything signed by the band unless you hunt them down at a show, or get a lucky shot on eBay. 

• No, you paid it for two cds, a dvd, a 12" book, the vinyl, a poster, a lithograph, some signatures and a happy smile to yourself one day in December when the postie gets a hernia delivering them >:)

Lately my postie got switched to someone who tries to bend and shove everything and anything through the letterbox, if they so much as try to do that they deserve whatever they get :P And i wasn't meaning more from TOU, 2 extra tracks fine (yes would like more but i'd like the singles to have b-sides too!), but i'd like a little more of other stuff tossed in, live tracks, older unreleased stuff (maybe even Ask The Lake?), demos, that sort of thing. Make it really earn a "deluxe" premise y'know?
  • I can't believe this is their longest album yet, and we've only heard 50 seconds of it so far!!! hahhahaah! it's gonna be so amazing.
  • fierce

• ugh cant believe no single yet, fcuk!!
  • juanbjork said:

ugh cant believe no single yet, fcuk!!

Sorry juanbjork its not gonna happen I think.... Unless something changes after the Manchester shows...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!