Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I met a sweet girl tonight, Emily. Her hand was broken. She had been at Pulse. She made it out alive. She was prob around 21 years old. I held her in my arms for at least 5 minutes long, because I didn't know what else to do. It could've easily been me. I told her I loved her and those lives lost weren't in vain. I hope just holding her helped. I wonder why this world can be so cruel. It doesn't have to be. I guess we're still here to change it. We have to change it. Amen.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-08-07 12:56:17
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Welcome back PonyGurl
    You have been missed. We hope your time away has given you some peace.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • And, it will change, dammit!
  • I'm torn. It's a different kind of war we're fighting. Fighting fire with fire only leaves ashes. In this war we have to become water..formless, shapeless..become water my friend. (I think Bruce Lee said something to that effect (%))
    U R I E L
  • I'm all excited watching the Olympics. So many different sports to watch that don't often get put on TV and of course cheering on Team GB - THE BEST =D> \:D/ ;)
  • Cool Hells. I've been watching the swimming myself. It's a nice distraction as I find myself slipping into a sort of depression. Just lots of heavy shit recently. I can't watch the news anymore. I've been having a recurring fantasy of moving into the wilderness and living off the grid. Physically escaping somehow. I get overwhelmed sometimes. On a different note, I met an astrologer who wanted to know my Venus. I guess it has to do with the time you were born. Found out my Venus is in Aquarius, so gonna look it up.

U R I E L
  • No Zika here, but all new planning for five sections of two different courses and an overload of students. Exhausting! Ugh! My Venus must be in the crapper at the moment.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Feeling nervous. My town had its first ever Pride event today (not on the scale of London or Manchester) but it's a step in the right direction. Annoyed that I bottled it and didn't go. Why, simply because still scared of some people finding out and giving me shit over it :(
    Anyway, took the plunge tonight by joining the local LBGT Facebook group instead which I have been accepted on to. Maybe I can find out about if they have get togethers etc so I can meet up with people.
  • I'm so happy to see Ponygurl back :-bd Greetings and love to you xx
    And Hells....aw, had it been a different week I'd have come with you. Not that I've ever been to a Pride event, but I would.
  • Aw, how sweet Kat :-* . XO! I went to 2 Pride's this year. I'm usually the one in the Parade throwing beads, typical Aries I guess, haha. They're alot fun! Here's a pic I took at one- I colored in the boy wearing Angel wings.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    U R I E L
  • I found myself in a Pride event once by accident. ( Easy Iuv). We went to Rome some years ago and found we were there when they were having their annual Pride event. I can confirm that they were all having, as famously trumpeted in the Flintsones, " A Gay Old Time". Good fun.
    I also found myself caught up in a Jazz Funeral once in New Orleans, but that's another story!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-08-14 17:35:40
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • KatRobin said:

I'm so happy to see Ponygurl back :-bd Greetings and love to you xx
    And Hells....aw, had it been a different week I'd have come with you. Not that I've ever been to a Pride event, but I would.

I will pluck up the nerve to go to Pride one day. There is one in Manchester but I think its this Bank Holiday and I will be away so cant go. I shall keep checking whats on in my area via the local LGBT facebook page for events and meet ups so like I say its a start.Just being careful still as my parents dont know and dont want them to find out from "others". Im sure my sister will come to a Pride one day with me. Shes threatened her boyfriend already that he's going to come with us too LOL
  • Apparently a drug that helps women with period pain has been found to help memory loss in Alzheimer's patients. Which is curious. Because my other half never forgets A Thing when it's That Time Of The Month lol.
  • Men will start taking it and confuse the hormonal ecology even more lol!
    I don't know why I put this in this thread. I forgot what to do.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!