Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison Goldfrapp shoots Mvula
  • Nice little video here. Very professional !

www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Who can zoom in and identify Alison's camera then?!
  • First bear and now this.. Doing it with cannon? Very British Raj
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-07-14 05:21:41
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • KatRobin said:

Who can zoom in and identify Alison's camera then?!

A Canon EOS full frame by the look of it but could not identify the model. That's a big camera.
    In life, as a photographer, you are either a Canon person, or a Nikon person.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Looks heavy. I couldn't carry or lift that at the moment.
  • How's it going, by the way, Kat?  Getting better?
  • Thanks WW, yes, doing well. Gradual climb up. I still have very weak right arm though ( no rude jokes anyone).
  • This sounds very similar to my past situation.  15 (or, maybe, 40) years after the fact, I figure out I had a dislocated collarbone and probably some broken ribs.  I started doing Tai Chi (whickwithy-modified version) and the collarbone is back in place, all of the problems are nearly gone.  I don't think I'll ever be able to quit Tai Chi for any long period of time but I'm good, now.  Mmmm, what made me think of it was the weak right arm.  In my case, it's the left.  Just lately, that set of muscles started looking a little more normal.  Anyways, it's remarkable to me how much recovery the body, without any help from doctors, can do.

I think the first piece of evidence, for me, was when I was in my teens.  I went to a friend's house and somebody was, errr, dysfunctional (retarded was the term used at the time, I don't know if that is now offensive.  pc, you know.) and they were working the child's arms and legs.  That struck me deep and I always pondered it.  So, yeah, I guess I decided by body was retarded.  If you think about it, it kinda makes sense.  We learn how to use the body when we are about three years old and we never really think about it, again.  That's why I like Tai Chi, it makes you think about the body.  In my case, I had to break a very important rule, though.  I had to tighten all of those muscles, very carefully, over a period of years, to fix all of the structural damage.  With only the muscles, I was able to build the skeletal structure back into place.  It's really pretty cool.
  • A Canon EOS full frame by the look of it but could not identify the model. That's a big camera.
    In life, as a photographer, you are either a Canon person, or a Nikon person.

Had a similar discussion with Halloween Jack on Fartbook the other day. Nikon person myself D750 Full Frame which weighs in heavier than AG's if anyone is interested.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Metro article/interview about this
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/12/alison-goldfrapp-is-totally-baffled-by-selfie-culture-6002239/

Alison Goldfrapp is totally ‘baffled’ by selfie culture

"I don’t really have any thoughts on the selfie culture. It baffles me slightly, but it seems like harmless fun mostly"

Post edited by LuDux at 2016-07-17 06:34:27
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Someone should really modify the title of this post.  Alison's no killer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!