Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Feeling angry and embarrassed at so called England football fans and their behaviour in France. Scum :-q
  • Oh God yes, same here. There have been claims that our " fans" didn't start the fight but it still takes two so I've no sympathy for any of them. On the same day as Trooping the Colour lol. I'm not patriotic and cringe at all that pomp personally. No wonder we are a laughing stock in Europe.
  • Be careful what you see in the media Hells. There's a lot of stories of Russian & French provocation - back a rat into a corner and it will attack! Let's face these people are rats! There's also stories showing fans enjoying the Mediterranean cafe society. A mate of mine was in Athens when they were reported to be riots infront of government buildings. He witnessed about a dozen placard wavers being provoked by the press to get a reaction - the rest of the plaza was filled with people enjoying normal life.The press - even bigger rats! I'll shut up now.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • There's an old adage 'no news is good news', unless you are newspaper men. Under pressure from instant, 24 hour news outlets, papers have become anachronistic and can only survive by 'in depth' reporting, as by the time they go to print, the news is 24 hours old. From my perspective, newspapers have changed that adage to
    'there's no news in good news', so they plumb the depths to find all the negatives they can and, in the process, turn themselves into right wing hate mags ! We travel regularly on the continent and the hordes of immigrants so popular on the news and laying siege to Calais in an attempt to invade this sceptred isle are obviously not in the areas we see. We were in Nice recently; according to the press, over-run by immigrants who have made it across the Med, with gangs carrying out rapes and crime waves. Er... No. Didn't see them.
    I've also witnessed first hand reporters trying to get a reaction out of crowds in volatile situation because bad news, hate, fear and discrimination does sell papers. The process started many years ago. Remember Bill Grundy? He was the vile little toss pot chat show host who goaded Johhny Rotten and the Sex Pistols on tea time TV. Johhny got it right that night; Bill Grundy was a dirty rotten fucker, he just missed out vile and manipulative.
    The same is happening over the EU vote. Both sides are using scare tactics and protestations of ever increasing dire consequences if you do not follow their viewpoint. The one thing I do know is a vote to leave us a vote for uncertainty, as neither side knows what will happen if we do, whereas stay means much as we have now, which is stability in Europe as it has been since 1945.
    You just have to realise when your opinion is being manipulated!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Bill Grundy? I watched his show once. It was pants. (WW won't get that one, chuckles).
  • Lame, Kat?  (hehehe)  I think I'm getting good at this.  I just hope I can remember a fraction of them.  Of course, using them here would be rather futile but I might try it.

I  agree, UT.  The problem is, though, as it is with government, the readers (voters) participate in the nonsense.  If you never, ever read the crap, good for you.  The sensation-based nonsense on the web (the only place I even attempt to get news) I never, ever click.  I'll read the headlines as far as is necessary to realize it is sensational and move on.  Clicking on it, just like voting, encourages the fools.  I've  also never voted and never will.  I just encourages them.  I wish it was as easy as, what would happen if nobody showed up to vote?  Sadly, it won't be that easy.

The only one that surprised me in somewhat recent memory was Katrina.  When I was seeing in the news (I was in airports while it was happening), being from Louisiana, I was certain it was overblown.  Whoops!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-12 14:56:55
  • Then, there's the real deal.  It actually annoys me some that I clicked but, man, Orlando, home to our dear PG, is having a tough week and it's getting worse.  I hope everyone you know is okay, PG.

Guns are probably an even better reason than Trump to flee the U.S..
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-12 15:06:09
  • Have we heard from her today? Can anyone contact her via another medium?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • She was on one of the posts earlier.  Actually, I didn't see it until late morning, so I think she posted it until near then.  I had been on awhile...I think.  Nope, it was yesterday.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-12 19:46:18
  • Just read about it. Truly awful. I hope to God that she is ok and her friends too...though I guess she, a lot of you and I consider all gay people our friends. You really need to lose the guns America.
  • It just shows what a sad state America is in that that is not going to happen.  I swear, it is corruption, collusion, crony politics, politicians that only care about themselves, as well as large scale brainwashing through the media.  There's a CT for you.  Everybody out for themselves makes for a sad state for humanity.
  • I'm a little concerned that we haven't heard from PG but I can imagine that she could be a bit distracted right now.  If we don't hear from her soon, I will be very worried.
  • Yes...I keep checking in to see if there's any word from her, but like you say she would at best be in shock. I'm afraid to watch the news tonight, I know I'll either cry or go nuts or both.
  • I'm going to assume she's helping.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • This is food for thought. Statistics can lie, but this is rather damning.
    https://twitter.com/patkiernan/status/742184272837107712
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!