Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Review: Tales of Us
  • Wasn't quite sure where to place this on here, but I figured you might enjoy my take on ToU, now live on my official website. Pop in and enjoy a few tunes with some kind words! Maybe we think alike. I release a new review weekly at the very least, so feel free to follow along with me via the social media thingamajigs at the bottom of the site once you enter. Other stuff on there too, so feel free to check it out if you like what you're reading.

Enjoy, deers!

(and if you wish to follow along with my official FB page - if you're into that sort of thing ;) - click here)

Post edited by Slippage at 2016-05-16 21:58:50
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • I agree WW, with your sum up of FB. It is inhabited by the selfie crowd in my opinion. I like the immediacy of Twitter, and the restriction to 146 characters is an interesting challenge and not the bind I thought it would be. It encourages you to get to the point.
    But here, as you say, is where the real characters are.
    As for ToU, it still grows on me. I watched the full 30 minute cut of the film while I was abroad, showing some friends who and what Goldfrapp are, and I have to say, that sequence of visuals is just brilliant when watched in the full sequence as intended. Where she fondles the chain around her neck in Stranger, and it pans down to all the rings on it, revealing her as a serial killer ( sorry, plot spoiler alert) just send a chill down my spine.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I hate twitter but that should be obvious.  Saying that I am verbose is an understatement.  You consider the 128 characters a challenge.  I consider it an impossibility to say anything of meaning.  G+ is a sophisticated machine for connecting people of similar interests beyond I had a steak sandwich for dinner.  It's a little bit too much of a blog mecca for me but it's the best potential that I've seen.

Yeah, "drool" crowd is good word for fb.

It is just amazing how almost every thread on here gets derailed almost immediately.  I feel sorry for some poor new soul that comes on here and expects some level of convention.  If the poor person were to put up a nice, new, shiny subject for us to dig into, they would be in utter shock.  Too funny to picture that!
  • Oh, god, don't tell me I didn't use my favorite quote in this discussion!!!!?!?!  It fits so well in categorizing websites, as well as news sites, though "news" is left wide open for interpretation.  I'm sure I meant to use this quote.  In fact I think it was the impetus for the comment!

Eleanor Roosevelt:

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

It really does explain social networks pretty well.  I haven't really found the perfect social network for the first category.

• Genii discuss conspiracies, gardening, tortoises and sex ha ha!
  • Oh no, CT, again!
  • You lot will be sorry when the MIB take you away. Then you'll think " maybe she had a point".
    Then again, the men in white might be coming for me first.
  • KatRobin said:

You lot will be sorry when the MIB take you away. Then you'll think " maybe she had a point".
    Then again, the men in white might be coming for me first.

Hahaha!  Yeah, I think I fear the men in white more.
  • sacrificing rabbits on a stone slab in the meadow behind her home where the hot air balloons landed that one summer

playing wiccatronica 
    licking the blood off the knife

LOL

oops wrong thread 
  • You were right about your insomnia comment Stevil. Poor love. Try a banana at bedtime.
  • LOL i've been looking for a banana for a while now

• Slippage said:

if you're into that sort of thing ;) - click here)

Hahaha!  I agree totally.  I was just saying how each of the social networks have their own personality.  fb seems crude and unsophisticated - kinda like a bunch of teenagers goofing.  I like G+ a lot better.  Then, there's this network.  What is there to say?  It's unique?  It hold a wide array of personalities?

So, not to derail the thread completely, I gotta finally say it.  ToU is not my favorite cup of tea.  Which makes me think....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!