Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • That is the lamest excuse I've ever heard WW!
  • You haven't heard the half of it, KR.  I believe on confronting reality rather than hiding from it. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.  Mankind has yet to face up to it.  Instead, we have conditioned ourselves to hide from the reality which causes all of our problems.  We have been so conditioned to avoid looking at what is really going on that we are circling the drain.
  • No WW, we ALL know what the problem is...Men. The insecure ones rape, pillage and plunder the entire world! That's because the male brain evolved much differently than a females, I already told you this! The areas of FORETHOUGHT AND CONSEQUENCE in the brain of males is quite underdeveloped compared to females. I can see it from the Wars these apes start, to the dick pics they send! I would think everyone could see it, it's more than obvious.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ...I would like to add that MEN MANUFACTURE WAR, in order to make money. Look at the false flag that was exposed here in our own country with 9/11. War equals money to evil men, in every sense. Backwards. Utterly backwards.
    U R I E L
  • You see? At least PG 's with me re the CTs. ( newbies need the Frapp Acronym Dictionary, available in the merch store).
  • I can't remember the last time I visited the main site.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
    Nope,. Nothing to report.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-05-29 06:38:33
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • You're not looking deeply enough.  Most of humanity makes the assumption that mankind is inherently dysfunctional and, then, starts pointing fingers at their favorite culprit.  That's the easy and lazy, though inaccurate, route.  We are a sentient species that has not, yet, learned to be sentient well.  We are terribly dysfunctional but it is not an inherent quality.  It takes a lot of thought and consideration to go beyond the obvious surface issues to realize that there are some fundamental issues and to identify what they are.  It takes even more to realize that those fundamental issues are no inherent.  Mostly what we get instead is people lashing out at all of the injustice caused by a relatively newborn sentient species that doesn't seem to have the wit to look at anything in any depth.  That also is a surface issue.  We were conditioned to do so by our knuckle-dragging ancient ancestors.  Anyone that lashes out is not even attempting to think.  It's much easier to wallow in the current state of affairs, which is that of an infantile species that was misled by its ancient ancestors to such a degree that everything we perceive is bullshit.

Good luck ridding yourself of the conditioning of a lifetime.  It's not easy but essential.

Nature built sex for a non-sentient species to continue its existence.  A sentient species needs to overcome a couple of issues that sex presents for a sentient species.  It's not impossible.  It's not even really difficult.  Then, we can really become a sentient species worth its salt.

Go ahead, continue pointing fingers at your favorite target.  Lash out at what makes you angry.  Just realize it's not going to do any good.  It is a futile effort but lots of fun for a non-sentient being.

• @WW Let's talk neuroscience for a minute. The problem that the human race faces is that the male brain evolved without having to care for a life, as in carry a child. Therefore forethought and consequence is significantly lacking within the male brain. This has been scientifically proven. Women care about life because they have evolved to carry and care for life in order for the species to survive. The core of male destructiveness; ie. rape, violence, war, is because there is a portion of the male brain that doesn't care about life. It simply has evolved that way because they don't carry the child. Now that we know, what is the answer then? Will a man have to carry children themselves in order to value and respect life? I call men who participate in the war machine "Apes" because having no concern over taking a life of their own species is pure animal. The Human Race is a sentient species that hasn't evolved from animal instinct. So therein lies the paradox, really. To believe one is above the animal, yet still act like one.
    U R I E L
  • No.  It is not that kind of physiological problem.  It is completely remediable by a sentient species without drugs, psychiatry or any other external force.  Evolution is about to take a right turn and prove that sentience is a tool that can be used to evolve further.  We have yet to use it as such.  It's about time.

Hahaha!  The brain is not the problem.

You are correct, though, that humanity has not evolved (with the intervention if its sentience) beyond the common animal.  It is about to do so.  You are also right that we have donned the mantle of sentience without yet really using it and proving we are sentient.  My second book (not counting "Serendipity") will be titled, "Speculation, future think, and logic" or, maybe, "Think for yourself".

Really enjoying Florence and the Machine.  Another tremendous talent that will be unshackled by the ability to produce individual songs.  Not much, maybe, in her case, but some.  F&M is pretty good use of subtle power.  I'd classify it as Chill.
  • Just to add my feelings on a couple of things I do not hate men as have very good relationships as friends with men, sometimes get on better with men than women as they don't seem to judge me or take advantage of my friendship etc. For me personally still coming to terms of only since a few months ago coming out as gay.
    I hate the word lesbian but not sure why but just prefer being classed as gay.
    To say that this has been easy for me hasn't. It's been a weight of my shoulders but still feel living a lie as cannot tell the two people I love the most, my parents. They think I'm having boyfriend problems and just have to lie all the time as I can't tell them as they just don't agree with it. I don't want any of us hurt as don't have a family except the parents and my sister and my belief is what they don't know doesn't hurt (that's me putting others first before myself as usual)
    Anyway, I've been left to feel rejected and humiliated by someone who I confided in and was supportive about my feelings but that friendship ended and to be honest to this day I do not see that I have done anything wrong and I've been left hurt from it all. My first time with a woman and it's all ended this way so I'll never trust anyone again. Splitting up with boyfriends in the past was hard but I felt I could very quickly day fuck it and move on
    This has been harder for me and don't know why but feel as though I'll ever be happy in a same sex relationship and don't know what to do. It's all very confusing and hate the fact that I've been left to take the blame over what exactly?????
    Never mind. Fucking people :-((
  • Bells, I prefer the word 'gay' as well. I have wonderful friendships with gay men, but not really straight ones..as I've said before, at some point they pull their dick out on me, disgusting. Anywho back to your dilemma. I think everyone of us gay girls feels your pain. There is just such a deeper emotional and physical connection to other women, you assume another woman wouldn't hurt you..not the case. Since there is such a deep level of feeling, the pain is deeper if they do hurt you. Fuck, women have put me through sheer hell and back..emotionally and financially. You're right, it makes you very protective of your heart. I think in any relationship gay or straight you can get burned, so it really doesn't have to do with orientation. I'm proud that you are being true to yourself Bells, because ultimately if there is happiness in this world..it starts with being true to yourself. I say, continue your search for love and friendship with another woman..while staying cautiously open. If red flags appear, run..haha. I would suggest not telling your rents until you've established a solid same-sex relationship though. That way, if they react in a fucked manner..you'll have your relationship to keep you afloat. Idk, just my thoughts-
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

Bells, I prefer the word 'gay' as well. I have wonderful friendships with gay men, but not really straight ones..as I've said before, at some point they pull their dick out on me, disgusting. Anywho back to your dilemma. I think everyone of us gay girls feels your pain. There is just such a deeper emotional and physical connection to other women, you assume another woman wouldn't hurt you..not the case. Since there is such a deep level of feeling, the pain is deeper if they do hurt you. Fuck, women have put me through sheer hell and back..emotionally and financially. You're right, it makes you very protective of your heart. I think in any relationship gay or straight you can get burned, so it really doesn't have to do with orientation. I'm proud that you are being true to yourself Bells, because ultimately if there is happiness in this world..it starts with being true to yourself. I say, continue your search for love and friendship with another woman..while staying cautiously open. If red flags appear, run..haha. I would suggest not telling your rents until you've established a solid same-sex relationship though. That way, if they react in a fucked manner..you'll have your relationship to keep you afloat. Idk, just my thoughts-

Thanks PG. The whole coming out thing is such a big thing for me and only feel comfortable about it away from home etc where I relax a bit more hanging out with friends etc. My close friends know and are more than supportive over it, they are so desperate to get me hooked up with someone as they have told me they just want me to be happy. Where I have been for last couple of months has not been a good place for me and badly affected my depression as taken everything so personally.
    I'm better than I was and looking forward to going to Brighton in a couple of weeks with friends and get over my nerves going into gay bars etc and just chill and chat and see what happens. Not expecting to meet anyone over night but just want to put myself out there and stop being so bloody timid!!
    I know people here understand totally. Whatever happens I know I am gay and not interested in men so at least that's a start as know no going back if you get what I mean
    :\">
  • I'm a bit late in adding my comment and support perhaps Hells, but just to echo what's already been said- well done because you've done the toughest bit ( allowing your true self to reveal herself) and you've had the first " being burnt" relationship shite- yes, we can all relate to that.
    The whole " coming out" thing reads like a set of cliched rites of passage doesn't it- at which step do you tell your parents etc..I suspect you're younger than me ( and without wanting to sound like your eccentric aunty!).. It is true that the rockier the road the greater the joy when you finally get " there" ( though we could all argue that none of us ever really knows where that is for sure, especially if you're the insecure type like me).
  • My dad had passed away before I got to the point in my thirties when I was ready to admit to my mum that I was in a same sex relationship. She was amazing, she pointedly told me that she " just want(ed) me to be happy, but don't do any of the affection stuff in front of her" ( that was the most, that was over 10 years ago now. Having seen that particular relationship fail ( that ex cheated on me) and having seen the horrible way I was treated by a later male ex, I'm sure that at the end of her life my mum would have given the world for me to have found the right person, the one who could finally respect and love me the way she felt I deserve. I do believe that any deep thinking loving parent or step-parent or adopting parent or carer would feel the same way.
    And sometimes it takes time for them to adjust so it isn't always easy and quick ( don't plan the coming out party straight away!).
    Lovers are no different to platonic " friends"- some stab you in the back, some " get a kick when it's all messed up", some are fickle, occasionally some are loyal. As you've said yourself, at least we re a good crowd here, that's why I keep sticking my beak in for a regular chinwag...I don't trust many people I " know" so to speak and don't make friends in the real world easily, but here it's different.
    Good luck and happy times wished your way. Just a thought though....I wouldn't change a moment of any of the heartbreaking disastrous moments from my past. They've been acquired like wrinkles and I can ignore them. Live in the moment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!