Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kanye's New Record "The Life of Pablo"
  • 38 Comments sorted by
  •  Stop talking about it is not my idea, it is Morgan Freeman's, who last time I considered it, is a black man. He puts it far better than me, as below, but his point is, stop thinking of me as a black man, think of me as Morgan Freeman!
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/blackhistory.asp
    https://rangawalmsey.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/how-do-we-stop-racism.jpg

Bill Cosby is against it too
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-04-04 18:23:06
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  •  

I'm bored with this..these. idiots keep raking over the fire..

* In the US, the median Black household has 6 percent of
    the total wealth ($7,113) of the median White household ($111,146)

* Infant mortality For Black children in America is 11.5 for every 1,000 births;
    twice that of Whites. The life expectancy of Black Americans is f4 years lower  than Whites.

*.Blacks make up 14 percent of the national population, but 38 percent of the total prison population.

*  If you are a young Black male in
    America today, you are 21 times more likely to be shot and killed by a
    police officer than if you are a young White male. If you’re Black,
    you’re also more than twice as likely to be shot and killed by a police
    officer while unarmed.

For the UK situation, you could start here

I expect Black people are bored by the legacy of slavery, too, and the way it is raked up in their lives every day.

But possibly White people are not best placed to be the ones to explain to them how they should deal with it.

• I work cheek and jowl with black people, Asians, people of every hue and colour possible everyday Whisperit.
    Guess what? We respect each other and work together and no-one really notices any difference between us. You know why? Because there isn't one. And the one factor that pulls that off is we don't talk about it because we have better things to do. We certainly don't use the N word because we are all better than that.
    The Life of Pablo is a poor record by an artist devoid of ideas and full of his own piss and wind. He uses debates such as these to hide that fact as the controversy keeps him, and others like him, in the spotlight. Far greater educated people of colour; people others should use as role models, are saying this but, as usual, the message is being ignored. Until we all heed the message, this pointless confrontation will continue.
    Perhaps it suits some people better this way.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Your workplace is quote small part of reality, no?
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-04-05 18:45:23
  • Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-04-06 01:54:48
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• =))

I love him!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-04-06 03:51:06
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Actually LuDux, I work for the largest employer in Europe. Around 50% of employees are non white. Approx. 65% of employees are female.
    Can you see who it is yet?
    As for the film, that's the power of the comedy parody; it magnifies just how ridiculous the situation is. It also demonstrates the power of hate. I hate you even though I do not know you or have ever met you. Why? Because you are black, gay, Chinese, disabled, Catholic, left handed, ginger, fat, Man United supporter, English, old, short, foriegn, native American, thick, different to me.
    I went to a Guyanan ladies 40th birthday party a week or so ago. They played Calypso music all night. It was a blast! One of Mrs T's mates is a West Indian/English girl. 100 years ago, she would have been called a Mulatto, from the Arabic word Muwallad, meaning of mixed ancestry. We know her as Elaine.
    Coexistence is imminently possible. You just have to let go of the hate.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-04-07 16:00:06
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Reminds me of another friendly family
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-04-06 18:45:15

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!