Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kanye's New Record "The Life of Pablo"
  • 38 Comments sorted by
  • I think it's missing the "ass" theremin you invented UT...or maybe he secretly used it (?) I kinda wish the women that have imitated me, would rape me. (but I guess if I wanted it, it wouldn't be rape would it) Anywho, I couldn't make it past the 15 second mark..I was too appalled to listen further.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-03-04 01:43:30
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

• I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Ponygurl said:

I think it's missing the "ass" theremin you invented UT...or maybe he secretly used it (?) I kinda wish the women that have imitated me, would rape me. (but I guess if I wanted it, it wouldn't be rape would it) Anywho, I couldn't make it past the 15 second mark..I was too appalled to listen further.

Ass theramin? As a Het PG, I was thinking of something a bit more East of there!
    Simply put, I think this track has a bit too much Kanye for my liking. She's a Goldigger? He's nothing but a common highwayman with a tricorn hat!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Prepare your fainting couches

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I have to say, I am appalled at the use of the N word in this clip ( I'm fucking apoplectic about the use of the Humans sample). The concept that it is ok for young black men to use the N word, as it is 'their' word, but for everyone else, it remains taboo is, in itself, inherently racist. Either the word is acceptable in common culture or it is not.
    You know what they say. The best way to stop racism is to stop talking about it !
    Now you lads all pop off home and wash your mouths out with soap and keep your thieving hands of Goldfrapp's stuff !
  • The best way to stop racism is to stop talking about it !

Does that means that the best way to stop rape is to stop talking about it?

Whoa someone in comments said it's "elctropop." E should take few seats and learn musicology and gramma
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-04-02 20:04:29
  • That Tyler clip has the same effect on me as when my friend Gill plays her medieaval crwth music. I nod appreciatively, but think, "Oh God, when is this going to end?" 

Meanwhile, IMHO its daft for White people to object to Black people using the N word. I reckon a couple of centuries of brutal enslavement entitles them to use it however they want....at least while they are still experiencing the effects.

• LuDux said:

The best way to stop racism is to stop talking about it !

Does that means that the best way to stop rape is to stop talking about it?

Whoa someone in comments said it's "elctropop." E should take few seats and learn musicology and gramma

What we are talking about LuDux, is not the same. No-one is condoning a race hate crime that is driven by a racist view point, it is that while we continue to make everything about race, we will still have racism. Rape is a physical, sexual assault by one person ( or persons) against another.
    Stop talking about it is not my idea, it is Morgan Freeman's, who last time I considered it, is a black man. He puts it far better than me, as below, but his point is, stop thinking of me as a black man, think of me as Morgan Freeman!
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/blackhistory.asp
    https://rangawalmsey.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/how-do-we-stop-racism.jpg
  • whisperit said:

That Tyler clip has the same effect on me as when my friend Gill plays her medieaval crwth music. I nod appreciatively, but think, "Oh God, when is this going to end?" 

Meanwhile, IMHO its daft for White people to object to Black people using the N word. I reckon a couple of centuries of brutal enslavement entitles them to use it however they want....at least while they are still experiencing the effects.

And on this one, racism is where one person, or group, is unfairly discriminated against due to a perceived difference, such as race, colour, gender or sexuality. If you accept that one group can use a word that another group are not permitted to use because they are of a different colour, then that remains racism by definition. Surely, that is why the use of racially offensive language, such as the use of the N word by white people is now considered unacceptable.
    Their is no such thing as positive discrimination. Two wrongs remain a wrong. They do not magically make a right just because the subject here is racism.
  • I don't really have strong opinion about it, but you are free to name other problems that can be solved by ignoring them
  • I think that's Morgan's point. Stop thinking of him as a colour, but as a man called Morgan. It's not ignoring it. Obviously, any incidence of racism needs to be dealt with but it keeps manifesting itself because people continue to regards people as black, white. Add in homosexual, female, Jewish, disabled, whatever and you have the full gamut of inequality. The whole incidence of young black men thinking that they can keep using the N word just for themselves is just keeping it in circulation. When I was a kid, there were more derogatory names for people of colour than I can write here. All of these are rarely heard today so have lost their power, which is what all profane language relies on. They are intended as verbal accelerators, raising the emotional content of an exchange to a point where they require an escalating verbal or physical response.
    Makes you wonder if they want to end the practice of racism at all, or if they have realised that it marks them out as something different and, therefore, elevates them.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-04-03 16:33:38
  • You're a generation or two ahead in your understanding of the issue, UT. Just accept that.

When I was a kid, there were more derogatory names for people of colour than I can write here. All of these are rarely heard today so have lost their power, which is what all profane language relies on. They are intended as verbal accelerators, raising the emotional content of an exchange to a point where they require an escalating verbal or physical response.
    Makes you wonder if they want to end the practice of racism at all, or if they have realised that it marks them out as something different and, therefore, elevates them.

Yes, it's about self-identification, and what we need is to start identifying ourselves by the germ of our character and by the fruit of our deeds rather than by the color of our skin, cranial ratios, language, nationality, sex, gender association, sexual delights, etc. Pride is such a funny thing!

I suppose in an attempt to make me like him, my first step-father used to drive me around in the car while teaching me all the racial epithets (re: African Americans) he knew. He knew quite a few. I remember how frustrated he'd get when I couldn't quite put the image to the face. Fortunately, my mother, as a "person of color," somehow made sure we understood better. Plus, all my best friends at that age were Black, and I think I knew that there was something different about me... Needless to say, I wound up on the right side of that issue despite his potential influence. The man would've been livid if he'd been around during my Shaft phase.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-04-03 17:09:07
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I don't think anyone is arguing for the alternative. Still, poor exposition, as her "facts" are inaccurate; her logic faulty.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm bored with this. She bears a rock in one hand, and a piece of bread in the other.
    She can use the N word (although she protests she does not) because she is claiming it back and because she is black. I cannot use it because I am White. That sounds like exclusion by reason of colour to me, or racism by any other name.
    This whole thing started because people of one colour perceived themselves superior to people of a different colour and because of that, excluded them from certain rights or access, such as Liberty, free will or civil rights.
    You would have thought that any decent and law abiding non white person would want this word, that is associated with so much hatred and agrees ion consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs, not celebrated as 'our word', and I would imagine the vast majority of black people would want this. We've come a long way since I was a kid and these idiots keep raking over the fire.
    Self esteem begins by respecting yourself and your fellows.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!