Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • "Pop Goes the Weasel"!?
  • Ponygurl said:

I noticed the black-star (payne's grey) in the center of it all. I wonder what Rorschach would say? Hahahahahaha...oh, I crack myself up. You say bejazzled, I say bejeweled...but what a pretty skull you would make.

Oh, a Pentagram? Don't know how that happened ! How about a Pigagram?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Jack and the Beanstalk maybe?

Fee-fi-fo-fum,
    I smell the blood of an Englishman,
    Be he alive, or be he dead
    I'll grind his bones to make my bread.

Too dark?

( I'm thinking she could paint your skull along with a plate of beans and basket of bread- you know, get all artsy fartsy with it)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-02-18 17:05:39
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The current work in production is 3 Blind Mice. Not a painting though. A box with a glass lid with 3 mummified mice corpses Mrs T has collected/been given over the last few years.
    Another pinging around the conciousness at the moment is The Wind in the Willows, featuring a rat, mole, toad and badger skull, with a few stoats and weasels in the mix as well.
    Arboria is a weird place at times and getting weirder ! We picked up a dead Goshawk on the dog walk today. A beautiful bird but probably clipped by a car.
  • Here is a link to an album on Mrs T's Flickr site where the 5 paintings that currently make up the Nursery Rhymes Stripped Bare series can be viewed. More are being planned. We bought a Duck's skull in a fab shop in Groningen at the week end, and a piglet skull. Ugly Duckling and 3 Little Pigs are in the pipeline and I am still pushing for The Wind in the Willows!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114432946@N05/albums/72157664977925376
  • Seems we have a secret seamstress in our ranks as Mrs T received a parcel this week with a couple of stitched gifts to go with her new car, which is finished in a beautiful burnt orange colour. A little change purse in matching orange with Llama print lining (huge clue), and a larger bag with a zip top for storing things found and bought home, like the odd head ( talking of which , we've had a dead pheasant opinion the porch for nearly 3 weeks. It's got to go as it reeks a bit. Off with its head !)
    The bigger bag is in the same blue Llama print fabric. Delightful.
    Thank you @KatRobin. X
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-03-19 09:46:08
  • Ha ha! Please don't post pics UT, I'd die. I like to make for mates, and let's just say there's more sentiment than skill. Llama bleats blaaaaah!!! You're v welcome :\">
  • Thought I'd pop in for two reasons: I miss my little Frappy family, and also wanted to share something with you all.

I now have an official website (I'm a writer and photographer), http://www.coreyreed.net/ and it showcases original pieces of fiction, photography, and a weekly blog surrounding the great ocean liners of yesteryear (I'm quite the enthusiast for somebody so young!).

I also have an official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/C0R3YR33D/?ref=hl and invite you all to follow along as I continue to provide weekly updates and fresh content. Also have Twitter and Instagram connections. Spread the word! Lol.

Sheesh, I feel like a car salesman - yuck. I'm normally not one to "advertise", so apologies. Still, how else can I gain a following?  Doesn't hurt to make my work known to people who I'm sure will appreciate it. Hope to see you around on there!

Post edited by Slippage at 2016-03-28 11:14:02
  • Nice of you to pop your head around the door @slippage.
  • Slippage said:

...for somebody so young....

Gosh, how nice to be able to say that!

Interesting start to your page concerning words, Slippage.  I'm kinda mad about words, right now.  Finding the precise word you want to convey exactly the thought is fascinating me.  I guess it comes from writing poetry and trying to fit the words, meaning, rhythm, and rhyme just perfectly.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-03-29 13:14:37
  • Florence Welch was recently in town, and pardon my French..but I just had to write a poem for her~

L' histoire secrète des cœurs ~

Je n'avais aucune mère, alors je suis devenu la mère
    Puis elle est revenue .
    Je n'avais pas père, alors je suis devenu le père .
    Puis il revint .
    Je n'avais pas de larmes pour pleurer , alors je suis devenu le ciel orageux
    Mon sentiment est revenu .
    Je n'avais pas l'amour , alors je suis devenu l'amour
    Mon espoir est revenu .
    Je n'avais pas la lumière , alors je suis devenu la lumière
    Maintenant, je peux voir .
    Dieu est l'amour créé à partir de rien
    Parce qu'il n'y a nulle part
    De gauche à aller.

Une histoire secrète , un baiser
    Je t'aime mon l'ange
    Je t'aime.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Here are the first 3 of a series of paintings I'm aiming to do that reflect my passion for the different structures and colours in the world of crystals and minerals. This one is opal in rhyolite.

This one is boulder opal in iron stone matrix. In both these pictures I've tried to use iridescent paints and glitters to reflect the iridescence that opal has but that doesn't reproduce very well in photos. The pictures have quite a bit of texture too.

• The last one is Septarian calcite with aragonite. I have 493 different gem / mineral types in my collection at present and have been collecting for 25 years. I've got plenty of inspiration!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!