Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
B-Sides... best to worst
  • 56 Comments sorted by
  • b and c side gig ! \:D/

Great idea!  It seems like just the gig for a small Frappendous cafe in London.
  • My favourite B side is still White Soft Rope.  There's something chilling about it.

But the main reason I decided to post here is to say that I don't like the thread title.  "Worst" suggests that some of the B sides are dreadful.  Couldn't it have been "best to less essential" -- or something like that?
  • It still staggers me that some of their best tunes are played live ("Yes Sir" at Somerset House comes to mind).  I can't think of a single song from another group that I would say that about.

I think I can think of at least one -- Blondie's version of "Ring of Fire".  There is a superb live version of this included as a bonus track on the "Eat to the Beat" CD.  I don't think that they ever did a studio version of the song.  The track is both the best version of the song I've heard, and an excellent piece of Blondie.
  • Pet said:

My favourite B side is still White Soft Rope.  There's something chilling about it.

But the main reason I decided to post here is to say that I don't like the thread title.  "Worst" suggests that some of the B sides are dreadful.  Couldn't it have been "best to less essential" -- or something like that?

Agreed. I find seeing "worst" in the titles of these threads puts me off posting in them. It's not very easy for me to find a "worst" track in any part of the Goldfrapp chronology!

• Said that myself. If you are a genuine fan of a artist you have your favourites. But the word, Worst should not be the appropriate description. Least liked. Better still, Order of preference/merit. Not being corny, I do not have a worst Goldfrapp track.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Zounds! Who is the rascal that came up with this title ? Instant punishment is what he deserves! [-(
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2014-01-16 15:23:57
  • cw37frapp said:

Not being corny, I do not have a worst Goldfrapp track.

Yay!  Glad it's not just me.

I'm not sure that worst is the word intended, though.  Just the word usually used.  I guess, "b-sides, in order for most favorite" would work, though I would even have a hard time with that.
  • Pet said:

I think I can think of at least one -- Blondie's version of "Ring of Fire".  There is a superb live version of this included as a bonus track on the "Eat to the Beat" CD.  I don't think that they ever did a studio version of the song.  The track is both the best version of the song I've heard, and an excellent piece of Blondie.

Hmmm, difficult, since you have no studio version to compare.
  • Lee
    Gone To Earth
    Beautiful
    All Night Operator
    We Radiate

• epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic
    epic

dradnats eht
    the standard for all others.....

• I did a CD of the "B sides" a few years ago, but now its got all scratched.

I cant work out any way of reburning it, as I cant find any of the old streams - it seems to be all mp3s or else copy protected discs? And what there is - places like SoundCloud - have a very limited GF catalogue, anyway. Is that right? 

Is there anywhere that does the whole GF catalogue that could be downoaded to burn onto CD?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!