Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • This can be the sister to the What Are Ayou a Listening To Now? Thread. I'm just wondering what other folks first turn to when they're in a certain mood. I heard a Adam say yesterday that when Spring springs he always starts playing Neil Young ( he's maybe a bit older than me). So here's what to do- think of the first artist or band that comes to mind and you listen to in the following moods:
    A) Happy / happy drunk
    B) Miserable / miserable drunk!
    C) Philosophical
    D) just Lazin'
    E) Romantic ( please don't anyone say Barry White!)
    I may regret this, but here's my off the top of my head list-
    A) Abba or any 70s or 90s disco classics / club classics
    B) The Smiths or The The
    C) can't answer this one! I'm only philosophical when I'm drunk so that's already covered lol
    D) Chicago ( how cliched) , Lloyd Cole, any chilled / ambient / acoustic stuff ( I'm not very good at this am I)
    E) oh dear, I'm stuffed with this one too! Several female artists but all names elude me, probably dos I'm a little bit giddy-game show right now and slipping into a or possibly b!!!
    Naturally, GF is up there in every category depending on the album / song, that goes without saying.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • fFS - is it dos I'm fiddly or is it ruddy predictive text again grrrrr! Second line should read " I heard a D J". ( maybe his name was Adam, who cares)!
  • Fiddly?!!!! Tiddly! FFS!!!!
  • You missed driving Kat. Certain songs really lend themselves to driving. My favourite is Radar Love by Golden Earring. Then Whole Lotta Rosie by AC-DC. Then Destroyer by Kiss.
    E - The whole of Tapestry by Carol King. Got that from a previous luv interest before the current Mrs UT.
    A & B. Don't really get drunk.
    C Anything by Pink Floyd but probably Shine on you Crazy Diamond or the whole of Dark Side of the Moon ( clicheeee!)
    D - Chilled Ibiza or Amy Winehouse/Dido and, of course, Goldfrapp.
    Need to add Pumped or Feeling Agressive. - Anything by Toyah but if I want to clense my musical pallet, something from Sheep Farming in Barnet, such as Our Movie or The Last Goodbye or Visions from Blue Meanings.
    Enough for ya?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • An orgy in an elevator?! Oh wait, wrong question..music (that's right)

a) old 70's disco/ or chill dance- like odesza...something to cut-loose too, just add a little alcohol.
    B) radiohead- I want a perfect body, I wanna perfect soul
    c) Florence a.t.m./ Jose Gonzalez...I dig the deepness, it's sexy
    D) Elliot Smith..a gentle genius of a man, he gets to me everytime
    e) sufjan stevens...he's got a soft voice for a man, there's something vulnerable about it. (Or anything in French)

Fink while I'm driving- he's got this intensity that's perfect for highway action. You can slip into a thought coma and just wake up at your destination, ~O)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • a) a singalong. Almost anything from the 70s will do.
    b) and e) a cold shower to drown it like an unwanted kitten
    c) classical piano music, often Chopin
    d)  new stuff (currently some Sigur Ros)

and drivetime = see a)

What I imagine wil happen

what actualy happens

• Another kitten bites the dust. What is it about Goldfrapp fans and this kitten carnage?
    Ok, PG reminded me. B- Paranoid Android by Radiohead.

I tried to get tickets for their Roundhouse gigs during the pre-sale ( signed up on the web site last year) and during the actual sale.
    Completely hopeless!
    Come on lads, do a couple of nights at the O2 or somewhere a modicum of your fans stand a chance of getting tix for.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!