Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The tampon thread ( I kill myself sometimes lol)
  • Ok..so I was watching Cathy Newman refereeing an argument between two women ( can't remember their names or job titles) on Channel 4 news the other night and I thought to myself, yup, this is something the Whole World Really Needs To Consider in these insignificant times, but then I thought, hmm, let's test the water with the Frappers first.
    Should women be given time off work each month for their...you know....unmentionables. Now up to the point of listening to this debate / debacle, call it what you will, I've always considered myself a bit of a Feminist. Nothing against men, just couldn't eat a whole one, that kind of thing. But I was cringing and curling up in front of the TV so much listening to the feminist POV that the dog nearly mistook me for last night's sandwich.
    Now I'm not going to nail my colours to the post on this one..yet...but just thought I'd dangle the bloody topic out there and enjoy the fun. I'm aware there don't seem to be as many Frappy ladies in the room as there are men, but that doesn't matter...lets just give this sticky subject wings and watch it fly. Over to you. >:)
  • 41 Comments sorted by
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Sticky and wings Kat. Keeping with the subject matter all the way through I see. Glad to see you did not pad it out or throw in the towel. You could easily have lost your rag over this.
    They don't have this much fun on FaceBook you know !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Well, scientifically since the introduction of genetically modified foods appeared on the scene..there is a corresponding change in female reproductive health. Just like in the animal studies, a human female's uterus too..will enlarge significantly. Periods will become much heavier and ovarian cysts may appear. This is great for the Dr.'s because now they will sell you birth control pills to control it. So, in essence...reducing the population while making money off it. Think Bill Gates (whose family started planned parenthood). Since you're being sterilized, why not insert a genetically modified tampon (yes, the cotton has been genetically modified too) to ensure reproduction will be hampered.
    So, you prob shouldn't eat GM or use tampons if wanting to get pregnant.

Back to the question on hand though- (oh yeah, I forgot- it's our bodies, not elite men trying to control the world) if symptoms or cramps are severe...listen to your body and care for yourself....no one else will.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-03-08 17:12:53
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • - oh, just like to add..for peeps 'not in the know'...Bill Gates is a major investor for Monsanto and paralyzed over 47,000 kids in India through vaccines a couple years ago. Food for thought...
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-03-08 17:09:38
    U R I E L
  • Bill gates owns plane. Planes spread chemtrails. Chemtrails cause paralysis. Wake up, sheeple
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-03-08 17:21:42
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Ludux.... Bleeuurgh, did you have to?
    You know me and conspiracies ( sign me up ) but come on, I want direct answers!
  • Better yet, misogyny should not exist at all.  And, there is only one reason that it does exist, really.  And, that reason shouldn't exist and doesn't need to exist.
  • I just looked at that interview on Youtube. Hakim - the "anti"- speaker - was horribly reactionary, but Slee - the "pro"- speaker - failed to focus on the argument. The Bristol firm that has adopted the menstrual leave policy is only permitting women to take time off provided they make up the time later - so it's hardly a major privilege. I can't see how anyone could object to that.

If the proposal is to give extra leave - oh! wait! a Red Kite has just drifted over the garden.....

.....um....yeah, so if it means granting a day or two off for female employees, then I wouldn't mind that either, so long as it isn't abused. It's just like sick leave. 

• KatRobin said:

Ludux.... Bleeuurgh, did you have to?
    You know me and conspiracies ( sign me up ) but come on, I want direct answers!

That's what they want you to think
  • Better yet, misogyny should not exist at all.  And, there is only one reason that it does exist, really.  And, that reason shouldn't exist and doesn't need to exist.

I see it now WW, Thankyou. Darwin was right. If the elite white men knock out the population, there would be no need to compete against other races. Of course they won't admit this and have brainwashed government officials into thinking it's population growth causing global warming rather than the burning of fossil fuels. That's why depopulation is on the Agenda. I could name all the names involved..but I'm sure most people already know. Ugh, WW give the first book you write to Ted Turner.

Heads up girls....this is why your tampons are soaked in glyphosate-

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-03-09 16:25:50
    U R I E L
  • Blimey Ponygurl, you really have a hornet in your hat don't you? Why oh why didn't you run for election?!!!

Glad this topic has got you thinking...I once had to take a day off work ( once, which makes me extremely lucky in this respect) for having a godawful period. I frequently get hormonal migraines, but I've only ever had to be off work once with ( to put it delicately) " flow issues". The next day when my boss asked me why I'd been off, I just had to say " women's things...do you want the gory details?" And it sent him scurrying off like a frightened rabbit!!!
  • Haha! I really should've run.. :-bd, God knows I have military pedigree. My family worked for the Pentagon and my Dad was actually born in Germany during WWII. (Of course, my family worked against the Nazis and not for them.) :D
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

Better yet, misogyny should not exist at all.  And, there is only one reason that it does exist, really.  And, that reason shouldn't exist and doesn't need to exist.

I see it now WW, Thankyou. Darwin was right. If the elite white men knock out the population, there would be no need to compete against other races. Of course they won't admit this and have brainwashed government officials into thinking it's population growth causing global warming rather than the burning of fossil fuels. That's why depopulation is on the Agenda. I could name all the names involved..but I'm sure most people already know. Ugh, WW give the first book you write to Ted Turner. a

Hmmm, I can't really tell if you get it or not.  It is a matter of removing the impetus to unreason and deceit.  What we've discussed explains the impetus and how to remove it.  In other words, make it so you don't have so many assholes floating around attempting to dominate everything as a substitute for good sex, which they have never encountered.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-03-15 09:18:37
  • UK budget announced today - there is to be a tax on sugar, notably sugary drinks. Which means more drinks containing aspartame will be consumed. Which means..well, I've said it before...the end is nigh!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!