Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp in unexpected places..........
  • 294 Comments sorted by
  • Yes Schimmey, I did hear those clips.

Not impressed by James May though. "Yes, Mr May, we understand what a safety interlock is. Can you move out of the area now and let us get on with our work".
  • Went into the staff room yesterday morning and found that somebody had left two large boxes of CDs there with a " help yourselves" note ( turned out to be the boss!). Among other treasures in there was Felt Mountain, so that qualifies as an unexpected place! Of course I took it, of course I've already got it, but of course I couldn't bear anyone leaving it there unloved! The boss now uses Spotify ( as do I) so he's forgiven I suppose for giving the cd away! Amongst others I bagged a Nick Cave album, a bit of Vivaldi, Gomez, Brian Eno ....nice one boss!
  • Ps yeah, I watched a bit of that car programme. It was v interesting, but timing was crap given the B Steel job losses. Of course I'm not the first to have noted that.
  • Ps My dawg is drinking my beer as I type!naughty boy!
  • KatRobin said:

Went into the staff room yesterday morning and found that somebody had left two large boxes of CDs there with a " help yourselves" note ( turned out to be the boss!). Among other treasures in there was Felt Mountain, so that qualifies as an unexpected place! Of course I took it, of course I've already got it, but of course I couldn't bear anyone leaving it there unloved! The boss now uses Spotify ( as do I) so he's forgiven I suppose for giving the cd away! Amongst others I bagged a Nick Cave album, a bit of Vivaldi, Gomez, Brian Eno ....nice one boss!

Should have left it there for someone else to find out and become a fan! :)
  • glitterizer-yeah, thought did cross, I've been guilty like a thief ever since! Prob will take it back next week. I'm laughing at myself for being so silly by the way! :\">
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Mein Gott!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Just watching an old episode (Ep2) of The Petrol Age with Paul McGann - the history of British Motoring and who should pop up on the backing track but GF 'Hairy Trees' - Nice.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • This time it's outrageoulsy unexpected place: Jem's head
    http://www.examiner.com/article/the-outrageous-interview-with-artist-samantha-newark
  • STrict Machine again on a new advertisement in the U.S. but didn't catch what for it was on in the background

talk about staying power 
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • *Yawn* "Oh La La" on yesterday's Radio 4 play, signifying edgy youth.

Less predictably, the opening of "Lovely Head" on today's "Total Wipeout", signifying desolation at failing to leap across a rotating walkway onto a central thing
    Post edited by whisperit at 2016-02-12 12:40:51
  • whisperit said:

*Yawn* "Oh La La" on yesterday's Radio 4 play, signifying edgy youth.

I C your 4 & raise U 6:

Karl Hyde, Underworld front-man, steps in for Gilles Peterson on BBC Radio 6music last Saturday 6th Feb spinning three hours of music crossing a diverse range of genres and artists.
    Suede – The Drowners [Nude Records]
    Goldfrapp – Ooh La La [Mute]
    Róisín Murphy – Gone Fishin’ [Play It Again Sam]
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-02-12 13:41:09

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!