Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Hmm, I have a suggestion whisperit..but it will require a dietary change. Do you think you could avoid bread and all forms of sugar for the next two months? I know, it's very challenging..but it will heal you. Once you're accustomed after two months, then you can slowly reintroduce those things..but in limited quantities. We always have it within our power to change the health of our bodies and you can do it. (I talk from experience)

I am currently dealing with a cold. I tried making my own Thai chicken soup, it turned out pretty good. I put a squirt of lime in for extra vitamin C. I'm tucked in bed now with tissues and just watched this great Netfix movie called 'Maidentrip'. It's a documentary of a 14 year old girl who sails around the world by herself- it's pretty inspiring.

I'm off to make some Ginger tea now, yum.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Thanks, PG. That's a brutal regime! But I may give it a try.

Maidentrip definitely sounds better than my TV watching yesterday - the Parliamentary debate on bombing Syria....!
  • Birthday bash last night with friends involving a takeaway curry and beer and cake !
    I have felt pig sick all day !
    :)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-12-03 19:18:57
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Happy Birthday UT! X
  • Cheer Kat. I should have stopped counting them years ago but, what can I say? I'm a sucker for cake !
    The really weird thing is that Mrs Appy's dog sitter turned up at the door that evening to collect their key as we are off to Copenhagen for a long week-end today. We said, Oh, come in, we are having a birthday bash, and she replied, it's my birthday today as well. Really? Said Mrs UT, what year? Bugger me if it was not only the same day but the same year as well !
    Small world !
  • How I'm feeling right now? Watching The Turner Prize on Ch 4 and so cross! They're all pissed! Oh come on.....even the woman who announced the winner had clearly been on the shampoo. Every year it's so predictable...they ALWAYS prioritise concept over traditional artistic skills. And every year they claim the winner has revolutionised society ' s thinking ( zzzzzz). Not mine, sorry.
  • I think the Turner Prize and the Mercury Music Prize are both the same. Not really a true reflection of the art/music world but the luvvies from each sector bumming each other, picking stuff that they think is 'out there' and ' progressive', which usually means it is impenetrable.
  • Well, I feel a bit fuzzy, as I have piled through 3 or 4 (I forget) Strawberry Daiquiris and am just enjoying a rather splendid Christmas Ruby port as we approach midnight when the champagne will make an appearance.
    Happy New Year to one and all, you strange bunch of characters you! May 2016 bring more fun to the Forum playpen ! :)>- :x <:-P
  • Back to normal. Kettles on for a brew!
    We preserved first footing tradition for a dark male to be first across the threshold by sending the dog out and then calling him back in!
    2016. Just like 2015 !
  • Happy New Year to you, and one and all. As it happens I'm enjoying an extremely large whisky Mac right now lol...and why not! I stayed sober over Crimbo to do the driving, and I've only got two days left before the dreaded return to work!!
    As for the comment about Strange Bunch of Characters.....I'd be most put out if I wasn't included in that UT, so I'd better be. Or else.
    I was brought up with the tradition of putting a coin on the doorstep on NYE? Meant to bring you financial security over the coming year? Well.....oops. I'm doomed. I forgot. The Jaguar XJS is still on hold.
  • A Jaguar. You really are a sophisticated lady. Great cars. Not so common as Ferraris and the like, just refined and a pedigree as long as your arm. If I had to own a sports saloon and a Jaguar was not allowed, I would have a Maserati or an Aston Martin but a Jag would be first choice.
    Of course I think you are strange ! The very thought of you being normal... Hah!
  • I'm kinda fascinated by classic cars. I saw a 20's era Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Boattail Speedster once- I would describe it as elegantly gangsta'..lots of character. I can see how people get into car collecting and restoration.

I'm recovering from wearing heels last night, haha :P I got these strappy high-heeled boots I wanted to wear out. They looked good, but damn..I can't feel two of my toes right now. I think that should be a priority in heel design. A beautiful, well-designed, comfortable heel...maybe a lesbian should design one ;))
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Loved the photos you posted recently of the car PG. whilst I might hanker after a Jag, I'm happy with my Suzuki SX4- great car! It would be sexy if it weren't for all the dog hair and mud in it!
  • KatRobin said:

Loved the photos you posted recently of the car PG. whilst I might hanker after a Jag, I'm happy with my Suzuki SX4- great car! It would be sexy if it weren't for all the dog hair and mud in it!

Yay Kat. Mrs T drives a Vitara. She has had Suzuki's for over 20 years.
  • My last 4 cars have been Suzukis. Sadly I wrapped one of them round a metal barrier which was quite fortunate really as it stopped the car and me in it plunging into a river. I still have flashbacks...monstrous. But the air bag worked. Great cars, shame about the driver!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!