Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 138 Comments sorted by
  • I have to say, I really enjoyed Spectre as well. I prefer a good story over unending action sequences. I like how it tied the other films together making a cohesive story. Too bad Bellucci and Seydoux didn't have a love scene together, that was the only downfall. Two thumbs up from me..and oh my goddess, Lea Seydoux's wardrobe and ass...brava!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Spectre, for me, was the best bond since Goldeneye without a moment's hesitation. There was so much Moore-esque humour and levity mingled with fizzes and pops of action that it felt like the truest Bond in any of the Craig films. It harkened back to many older films (train fight FRWL, for example), and for me it feels as if they are setting up the series to remake the original films once Craig is finished. Hear me out, we have a new Moneypenny, Q, M - hell, all the characters are completely new. With the way that Spectre ended (no spoilers), I feel I can pretty much guarantee a remake of OHMSS will be next in line. It feels so intentional - that they know what you're thinking at the end, and have the characters smirking at the camera.

It makes perfect sense to remake the series, to be honest, albeit with modern technology. Even if these films have been made already, fans would clamour and flock to them like crazy to see the new interpretations. If they were to do such a thing, now is certainly the time. By re-casting Bond, they have the perfect opportunity to reboot the entire series with a cast this generation can age with. And it will sell like crazy.

All the same, I hope they keep it fresh and just make new films like Skyfall and Goldeneye that weren't necessarily part of the Fleming canon. I just worry that it'll get extremely stale over time - at least with remaking the films and re-interpreting them for modern audiences, there's a nostalgia factor that will sell, rather than the dreaded "Drones, hacking, Bourne Identity" atmosphere that could emerge down the line otherwise.

Still, I truly wish they would make films based on the FANTASTIC Bond games - particularly Agent Under Fire, Everything or Nothing and especially.... NIGHTFIRE.

Seriously, WHY didn't they do Nightfire yet? Crazy buggers. Well who knows, maybe they'll remake the series and use different titles, tying Nightfire in with Moonraker? One can dream. 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2015-11-12 12:48:07
  • The next Bond should be a woman.  Bond, Jane Bond?
  • I'm glad to see you back WW..I'm ready for more intellectual play. I agree, a woman. The story of the man is old..conquer and control, conquer and control- the story is old, the story is old. Even with this latest Bond- it's competition between males (the brothers). The Female brings so much more. I'm ready for a woman. The world needs a woman. A woman can break that chain of destruction and monotony of competition. I'm ready for THAT story-
    U R I E L
  • i have to say. it has a really good title sequence. just shame about the song...

oh - its on mute due to copyright reasons. don't expect the video to stick around for long either...
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2015-11-24 16:10:19
  • Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-11-24 16:56:16
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I gotta cool idea- Let's play a Goldfrapp track over the Title sequence..and see which is best!

So far I played Stranger and Lovely Head....They both work well, although I'm liking Stranger so far. I need to go through all their catalogue and see though..it's quite fun!
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

I gotta cool idea- Let's play a Goldfrapp track over the Title sequence..and see which is best!

So far I played Stranger and Lovely Head....They both work well, although I'm liking Stranger so far. I need to go through all their catalogue and see though..it's quite fun!

lols! i was actually thinking of doing this! :p
  • Deffo !
    That Spectre title vid that was posted the other night was silent when I played it and we thought about using one IPad to play the vid and another to play alternate music to the SS whine.
    Have to say, I do not mind the song itself, it's just his weedy little voice that wrecks it. I am of the opinion that Alison could do this song. The high notes would be a piece of piss and she has a very deep register for a female vocal so would be interesting to hear her do it.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I've seen that done with Blondie's version of "For Your Eyes Only."
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh wow, I never knew Blondie did a version- and I like the both.

Now Blondie's
    U R I E L
  • Hmm- looks like Spectre opening titles has been removed..here's another link to it. I'm gonna continue to play GF tracks to it-

U R I E L
  • Just watched the title sequence with the 'Mick Harvey' remix of Utopia playing. It runs a bit over, but what a metaphysical mindfuck! (In a good way) The weird part is, I'm not even stoned :P
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

Oh wow, I never knew Blondie did a version- and I like the both.

I might have misled you, as Blondie's was actually a different song. Blondie was asked to perform the theme to For Your Eyes Only. Assuming the producers wanted a Blondie tune, Debbie and Chris composed the song below. As it turned out, the producers had wanted them to perform the song penned by Conti/Leeson. When they refused, the team went with Shania Twa...oops, I mean Sheen Easton. Blondie, instead, included their song on their once final album, The Hunter.

Post edited by iuventus at 2015-11-27 01:19:23
  • OMGoldfinger! Are these for real?

Goldfrapp?! I never knew!

Post edited by iuventus at 2015-11-27 01:32:49

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!