Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I may be going to Crete at the end of August and don't know what to take really. I know need to take sunscreen, bikini, swimsuit....flip flops..sandals and shoes for wandering round. Anything else??
  • 37 Comments sorted by
  • Camera?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Have a great time, BTW. x
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • !!!! I had completely forgotten about cameras!
    And thanks :) x
  • Enjoy! Where are you staying? I've stayed in Ag Nik. I recommend walking samaria gorge if you have time. :)
  • Are you gonna scuba-dive?
  • Also, forgot to mention, one of my friends is a professional surfer. If you'd like, he can teach you how to.
  • I recommend walking samaria gorge if you have time. :)

Just Googled that - looks amazing! Exactly the sort of place I'd make sure to try if there.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I spent a month at Agia Pelagia in 2001--wintertime though. It's a quaint lagoon village that caters primarily to tourists. I was there in January; so, I didn't have to deal with any throngs. In fact, I was one of three or four visitors (or parties) at any given time throughout the month. The Dioskouroi is a charming inn. I didn't stay there, but I did spend much time there with pals. Of course, you must already have accommodations planned.

I'd presume it's going to be hot. Be sure to take good walking/hiking shoes if you plan on seeing any of the sites. I enjoyed Knossos and Phaistos, and we spent a good bit of time sporting about Iraklion.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions, we're not sure where we're staying yet actually! I My sister is planning all that :) I'm texting her with what's been said in thread, it has to be near a nudist beach though! o_o
    yes I will be going I'm rather excited, I wonder how men deal with seeing someone they like if you know what I mean?? Um anyway *distracted*

This is shameful but I can't swim (I was overly nervous child) :( so am planning on lessons before I go!
  • folklore said:

...it has to be near a nudist beach though! yes I will be going I'm rather excited...

So am I, having read that! :\">
  • lol. naughty HJ!!
  • @folklore let me know if you need my friend's services.
  • Alan said:

@folklore let me know if you need my friend's services.

Thanks sweetie! :)
  • The Samaria Gorge is lovely, but also a pretty hard trek. I wouldnt do it without what they tend to call "sturdy" footwear.

Swimmer or not, I would definitely take a snorkel and mask, even if all you do is peer beneath the waves standing up. With all the little fishes, its another world down there.

*suppresses urge to make a risque remark about the nudist beach at this point*

• You're right whisperit, I don't think I'd like to trek on this holiday being honest :) I've never been to somewhere warm and sandy so will spend time relaxing as much and strolling round market towns and being as naked as possible! Will definitely take in local architecture and delicacy's. Mmm I'm just thinking of all he lovely fresh fruit there will be.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!