Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • PJ Harvey - The River from her brilliant yet underrated album Is This Desire.
  • Some Velvet Morning from the Royal Albert Hall gig with Alison and John Grant in duet on the Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood classic.
    I hope you in the colonies can see this. Alison starts whistling at the end. We're off to see John in November so hoping Alison repays the compliment. I sense some more videos !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Winter by Daughter
  • Beach Houses - Devotion album.
  • Hells_Bells said:Beach Houses - Devotion album.

Was just about to mention them as well. Only got into Devotion recently, but what I'm really loving is
    PPP from their new album Depression Cherry. One of the best songs I've heard all year.

• Can't believe I missed this.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • 3 beautiful things i've heard this week.

KOTOMI - SWIMMING

LOW - WHAT PART OF ME

and coming across very Sigur Ros

SOAK - B a noBody

• iuventus said:

Can't believe I missed this.

Thats really quite lovely! :)

New Chemical Brothers album. it's one of those that's thats growing on me. Go, was the first single and probably the only radio friendly on the album. Sometimes i feel so deserted is the followup single, if we were back in a time of physical cd singles charts and top of the pops, this song would be dead in the water. its got an interesting video, but yeah, the song, you feel like your waiting for it to actually start up and it never does. thing is with the chems music, when somethings trimmed down to radio friendly playback times, it doesn't really work.
  • Rhye - Woman

The whole album is quite possibly the sexiest set of songs I have ever heard...and the gender fluidity present is quite impressive. From the distinctly feminine vocals to the total lack of a gender specific pro-noun (besides the album's and last tracks single word lyric - woman) in the lyrics (it's all baby and dear and you). And this from two heterosexual males. I love it!

Highly recommended.
  • Gwilym Gold - A Paradise album
  • A Guy Called Gerald - To All Things What They Need - Strangest Changes
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Recently became aware of this girl, Laurel. She has a couple singles and a couple EP's out already. Her debut album is coming soon. Totally digging her dark, melancholy strings and big bass sound.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y9F6LdyocYY

• Add N to (X) - Revenge of the Black Regent
    Heard this on 6 Music tonight. It features one Alison Goldfrapp on vocals, but you need to be patient, from 1999, so just before Goldfrapp.

• And this is what Angie is listening to at the moment. Nice of her to play the game.
    https://twitter.com/angie_pollock/status/637299759091437568
  • Depression Cherry the new album from Beach House. Adorable as usual 8->

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!