Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Thought I'd start a new thread that could be quite revealing! You have to select the 6 people you'd be most happy to be stuck in a lift with, and explain why. They can be historical or imaginary as well as living. This could give rise to a sister thread where some clever bod psychoanalysis our choices in combination. These are mine-
    Alison and Will, naturally, as they could provide the music to keep me calm!
    John Lydon, as he always seems so intelligent and charismatic
    Buddha
    Salvador Dali ( cos, if I started going a bit nuts in the lift, I'd be in good company)
    Kenneth Williams ( just because)
    So tough just picking 6!
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Unfortunately I'm claustrophobic...the only solution would be to invite 6 women I'd like to have an orgy with- as it's the only way I would feel distracted from my fear. Ugh, so tough just to pick 6! Lemme think on....it...........
    .......................... Yes, I'm still thinking....don't bother me.............thinking..........
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • In that case PG, you had better choose a big lift. Like the kind they move trollies about with in Hospitals.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yeah, only if I could choose the lift AND the women..although I'm not opposed to us all standing and remaining fully clothed. I'm sure I could work through my fear with a little help. Ok, alot of help..but it would be worth it. First thing on the list- get rid of the camera! What happens in the lift, stays in the lift- Vegas style.
    Let me think some more on the list though-
    U R I E L
  • Oh dear, I've really got you thinking....or maybe just bored...! (:|
  • yes...PG is doing some very hard thinking

My list:

Oscar Wilde
    Michel de Montaigne
    Kathleen Jamie (the poet)
    Alison G
    Tina Fey
    Rosa Luxemburg

• With her reputation for guarding her privacy , being stuck in a lift with Alison may be quite traumatic !
  • She does not seem the type to spontaneously burst into song to cheer everyone up.
  • On a purely practical level
    A Fireman, to help aid our escape
    A Paramedic with his kitbag
    A man delivering a chemical toilet ( with privacy tent). We have no idea how long we will be there.
    The man Simple Simon met on his way to the fair, with his wares.
    Someone like a vicar or other clergyman as I may fancy a laugh.
    Billy Connolly. That lift will be pissing itself with laughter from start to finish !
    I never use a lift unless the ride is more than two floors. Safer that way and better for you 8-X
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-08-02 16:08:59
  • Huh, that's no good if Alison wouldn't give us a sing-song. I'd have to ask her if she'd mind me playing my iPod then, which would be a bit surreal.
  • hmm....what is this with this thread? Y'all claustrophobic or commitment-phobic or what?!
  • Quite odd that UT selected all men, or then again..maybe it's not. I know one thing, I could spend hours stuck in a lift with Hedy Lamarr..what a fascinating woman. Maybe 6 of her would be just fine-

U R I E L
  • Hmm, didn't mean to genderise my lift mates. The paramedic could be female ( met a very nice one just the other day), there must be some female firefighters and a vicar can also be skirt as well.
    I quite fancy being stuck with that Belgian lady copper/rozzer/ossifer I posted a pic of the other day. She was as good looking from the front as her derrière was from the back. She had cuffs, and a firearm. She could take down my particulars and I could get intimate with the fuzz !
  • ... Can I just say Tallulah Bankhead six times and get my wish?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!