Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Record Store Day Special - Felt Mountain Coloured Vinyl
  • 129 Comments sorted by
  • Not that fussed honestly Micky. Just to have it on vinyl is the prize ( or should that be Da Bomb! )
    If someone wants to cough up 10 times the cost to not have an X in the catalogue number, good luck to them. I wonder how many of the original pressings were made? If, as I suspect, it was greater than 4,000, then your hypothesis means the RSD pressing is rarer, hence worth more to a collector.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Good point, the different versions now available will water down the price and exclusivity of all 3 versions.
    Being a record vinyl dork myself I will no doubt end up buying both versions.        
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • Good to hear Mickey. I am very pleased that vinyl hung in there and is on the rise again. I never considered my CD's as a collection in the same way as I do my vinyl, and I do not consider my ITunes downloaded music a collection at all. How can it be? It is not a physical entity, I enjoyed the physicality of vinyl and I think the music industry has woken up to the fact that it is a locked format and that people will pay for the right to actually possess a physical object. Interestingly, similar the the G F Tales of Us vinyl, that Pink Floyd Wish you were Here vinyl I bought comes with a code to download a high quality digital version so that I can own the vinyl and have the convieniance of the digital for my IPod etc. Double Bubble.

• just finally purchased on ebay...surprised how many are floating around for cheap.

better than getting up at 5 a.m.

• ^You are 1 in 4,000 Stevil, 1 in 4,000.
  • So... is the Amazon white vinyl release - at £18.99 - one of the 4000?

I'm not a collector & won't be buying, but just curious/puzzled.
  • So... is the Amazon white vinyl release - at £18.99 - one of the 4000?

I'm not a collector & won't be buying, but just curious/puzzled.

im also curious about this. i spent quite a lot more ordering from america, then see that on amazon and kind of had a "FFS!!!" moment.
  • CM, yeah - I can understand your annoyance! :-(

It's odd cos the release date and price are the same as the black vinyl on RecordStore's webpage.

But the fact that Alison said on Twitter that that's the white/RSD version... seems conclusive.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2015-05-07 12:29:28
  • We will find out in the fullness of time but 4,000 across the entire world sounds too few. If I discount the packaging, my copy from the USA cost $22.99, which is about £15.50 so well worth the certainty of having it.
    It also has a sticker on it that says "exclusive colored vinyl - 1st time available on LP in the U.S." So you will know straight away if it the same/different. I've ordered a black vinyl one from Recordstore as well. They delivered a180g copy of LED Zepplins reissue of Physical Grafitti today. I've bought more vinyl in the last 12 months than I have in the previous 12 years :)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-05-07 16:29:30
  • it's all part of the limited release....

didn't sell well oops

• Better be the white vinyl version as just pre-ordered this!  :-w
  • Anyone else ordered from Amazon.co.uk?

August now.....14th......
  • 25th September......
  • It will end up being Christmas at this rate :-w

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!