Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hairy Toes - Spotify
  • Not sure if this has been already been mentioned.. but has anyone seen that 'Hairy Trees' on Spotify is incorrectly listed as 'Hairy Toes'? Apologies if I'm repeating known infomation!

As it's probably one of my all time favourite 'Frapp songs it was begining to do my head in, so I've written to Spotify to inform them of the mistake and I've received a reply of thanks, stating they're working on correcting the error. I mean.. Hairy Toes? Come on! As hilarious as it looks I'd rather they list the correct titles..

All I've done all week is listen to their back catalogue all day at my desk in work, hopefully contributing to their streams! Nice to see how many times their songs have been played on there.. Obviously the more well known ones top of the list (OLL is over 8m plays) but nice to see Jo, Annabel & Thea surpassing the million mark too. Utopia isn't far behind!

Not all the singles (bsides, remixes) are on there but I've seen there is a contact point where you can notify Spotify of songs or collections you think should be on. The only single from BC is the song itself - some of my favourite b-sides are from the Black Cherry sessions so I may suggest for Train, SM & Twist and of course the FM singles.

Anyone else had any thoughts? I heard that the artist receives 0.007p per stream which doesn't sound like much, but it's an improvement on illegal downloading and it's nice to see that they are being played quite a fair bit :) If only they could count how many times I've played the cd single boxsets and ipod plays over the past 10+ years..

• 11 Comments sorted by
  • "Hairy toes".  Sounds like a dedication to hobbits.
  • This is exactly what happened on iTunes a few years ago as well, had me very confused as a beginner fan.

• I've had a reply on 2nd April to let me know they're in the process of changing it.. it's been 2 weeks now so may give them a little nudge..

Not sure why it's bothered me so much! It's currently the least played BC song on there (only at 70k listens, when others album tracks are in the 200-400k regions, some in the millions!) which is sad as it's one of my favourite 'Frapp songs. I guess 'Hairy Toes' isn't exactly an attractive song to want to listen to..  hope they get a move on!
  • It's actually one of my faves too..in fact, it's why I chose the screen-name I did. When she sings "Golden New World" I feel changing the world for the better is not only possible but can be reality, because nothing is static. Maybe I read into it, but it leads me there. I guess I find a dreamy, childlike innocence in it. After saying all that here's a pervy 60's video someone made :P
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The song just connected with me instantly.. I can't quite describe why I like it so much. Just one of those magical moments for me - this happens a lot for me with Goldfrapp.

The lyrics, the dreamy synths, the almost Pagan like melodies.. Will check out that video later! Sounds like a treat...
  • Thanks to iTunes, I too have to read Hairy Toes on my In-car screen when I connect up my iPod. I wonder who here is going to confess to actually having hairy toes?!! I bet Will's got them. UT has got hairy palms...first thing I noticed at Greenwich.
  • KatRobin said:

Thanks to iTunes, I too have to read Hairy Toes on my In-car screen when I connect up my iPod. I wonder who here is going to confess to actually having hairy toes?!! I bet Will's got them. UT has got hairy palms...first thing I noticed at Greenwich.

Cheeky Minx! I'll have you know that UT's are always very svelte. I learnt a few tricks from some ASO friends!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This has now been fixed! I received an e-mail from Spotify to apologise for the length of time it takes, but they had to get record company permission. Just checked and it's now correctly titled Hairy Trees.. and strangely enough the play count has jumped from around 70k to just under 220k.. Wonder what happened there? maybe they merged it with an original file.. it makes more sense as like i said previously, all the other album tracks are in and around the 150-250k mark :)
  • [quote]

10 Apr 2013

On Spotify it's Hairy Knees![/quote]

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • No! You're having us on?!
  • On Grindr it's Hairy Ass.

(Nevermind, wrong topic)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-05-19 22:02:45
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!