Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Record Store Day Special - Felt Mountain Coloured Vinyl
  • 129 Comments sorted by
  • i/ve looked on ebay,...60 bucks...but not sure
    like i said....my collecting is out of control. 

yes in long beach...hooray Halloween
  • Had a confirmation email from 1,2,3,4 Go records that it is being readied for dispatch. It is going to the Marriott at Union Square and they have agreed to take delivery of it and hold for me until we get there on Friday :)
    Disgusted that they are already in EBay. Had a reply from a record shop on Maui (where we have just arrived). They had it but it sold pretty quickly.
    Can just see Alison in a grass skirt doing the Hula and Will in a Hawaiian shirt with a Ukelele !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So happy, got mine for a little over $20 (USD) out the door, Amoeba Music on Telegraph in Berkeley, Ca. They had a few more when I was in last night.
  • R.I.P. Compact Discs
  • Mine is on its way. It cost $29 inc P & P.
    I visited another record store today. Request Music in Wailuku on Maui. Met Brendan, the store manager. He told a similar story to Hungry Ear records and Ameoba in San Francisco in that they quickly sold the stock of the Felt Mountain RSD special release they had. Like Hungry Ear on Oahu, it was one of the first sales of the day! Who knew Goldfrapp were so popular in paradise!
    Respect to Brendan, who along with colleagues is at the forefront of preserving vinyl as the medium of choice. Seems to be a pillar of the local business community as well. This is his picture out on the streets in what appears to be a local business initiative in Wailuku.
    I left with a 180g pressing of Wish you were Here by Pink Floyd. Sweet !

• he's a right cutie /\ /\ /\

im going to ride it out, and find out when its available in the uk rather than go mad. ive just spent about £20 on a florence and the machine RSD vinyl. that's enough for me ta.
  • Back from the USA now, with my prize of a copy of the RSD Felt Mountain coloured vinyl issue safely in hand.
    A bit disappointed that it was not on 180g vinyl but didn't expect them to be numbered. Mine is 1660 out of 4,000.
    An interesting story on the delivery. It was bought from a store in Berkeley, Calafornia. It was delivered by USPS and was tracked, so I know where it went by emails. It went from Berkeley to Bell Gardens (USPS hell/den of thieves by some reports) collection centre, just outside L.A., which is approx. 480 miles. It then went back to a local delivery centre in Richmond, which is about 495 miles back up to the top of Calafornia and about 17 miles from SF. It then made the final journey to the hotel. In total, that is a Journey of 992 miles, which took about 6 days.
    The store in Berkeley is only 12 miles from the hotel ! Good to see the Brits are not the only ones with stupid, wasteful organisations. Your tax dollar at work!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-04-28 16:55:55
  • hunter said:

So happy, got mine for a little over $20 (USD) out the door, Amoeba Music on Telegraph in Berkeley, Ca. They had a few more when I was in last night.

I went to the Amoeba store in Haight Ashbury. What a great store. So nice to see acres of vinyl just waiting to be rifled !
  • That's how postal service has been since cutbacks and office closings. If I sent my next-door neighbor a letter, it'd travel the 100 or so miles to Phoenix and back.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Now up on Recordstore's website for £18.99. Release date 29th June
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • Wow. that's a 10th of what it has been available for over the last 5 years or more. It must be breaking some people's hearts who bought it as an investment and are trying to sell it on. Will buy one of these to supplement the RSD coloured vinyl one.
    Think I will go on EBay and have a chuckle.
  • Yeah.. it's a black vinyl which Recordstore are stocking :(
    Post edited by Craig at 2015-05-01 09:46:40
  • Whoop, whoop. Here's the White one. Let's call it sloppy seconds !

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-05-01 15:17:16
  • Whoop, whoop. Here's the White one. Let's call it sloppy seconds !

and brought!

... i turn 30 in a few days. it's a present to myself! :p
  • Wow. that's a 10th of what it has been available for over the last 5 years or more. It must be breaking some people's hearts who bought it as an investment and are trying to sell it on. Will buy one of these to supplement the RSD coloured vinyl one.
    Think I will go on EBay and have a chuckle.

Slightly different catalogue number though, STUMM188X whereas originally STUMM188. Original
    version will still be rare. That X makes a big difference.        
    :P
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!