Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Record Store Day Special - Felt Mountain Coloured Vinyl
  • 129 Comments sorted by
  • that's a silly reason not to go... considering US fans didn't even get to see Tales of Us live, you'd think we deserve a nice bonus here and there.

i went early today but probably didn't even need to - there were a bunch of copies at my local store, and nobody seemed to be fighting over them. i'm certain there will be copies available online from independent stores that sell online. just do a google search tomorrow (when they're allowed to start selling leftovers). the sticker says "4000 copies" and considering how few people even buy Goldfrapp albums in the US, the chances of a reissue of their little-known first album disappearing from availability immediately are pretty low.
    Post edited by deep_honey at 2015-04-18 08:56:49
  • LOL @ that tweet. UK folks have gotten SPOILED as far as Goldfrapp goes. Good fucking lord.

Anyways, I got my Felt Mountain vinyl. It's purdy. Some pics I put up: http://instagram.com/joeyswartz

• 6.55am here. About to get dressed and venture out to see if I can get a copy. Will report back.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • i have so much vinyl and cds in my collections wtf am i going to do with it...look at it?
    i have the original vinyl release good enough..i gotta stop needing everything hope you guys get it soon :)
  • Sad to report Hungry Ear records in Honolulu was a bust, as was Jelly's. Hungry Ear said they had 3 copies and had spread them around the store. It was very small, about 60 metre sq, and when we arrived at 8.05am, there must have been 70 people inside. It was rammed ! Couldn't find the album anyware and asked an assistant who said the very first album they sold that day was Goldfrapp but couldn't answer for the other two. I can't believe all 3 went in the first 5 minutes unless Honolulu is a hot bed of Frapp mania. Now got a few feelers out for unsold stock but pleased to see Ali's tweet today about it being available for us to pre order !
  • First thing I noticed was the hiker on back cover was gone. I notice the little things, :D. My white copy has a little smear of black vinyl in it- makes me love it all the more.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That's a bummer @Urban_Tribesman. My record store posted they have leftovers!  :-?
  • Thanks for the heads up J. Since I last posted, I have tracked one down in a San Francisco store and have asked for it to be delivered to the hotel we are stopping at on the way home. Fingers crossed!
  • I could look at either of our two participating shops. I can't imagine anyone here likes Goldfrapp.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ...I have tracked one down in a San Francisco store and have asked for it to be delivered to the hotel we are stopping at on the way home.

That's where Stevil is... so you are effectively getting the one he declined to take up, lol.
  • Stevil's lying. I'd bet he has at least three already and is looking for more. Oh, and he lives quite a distance from San Francisco.
  • Oh blimey, yes. Sorry - he's no-where near :( In another state, he would be... in another state (again).
  • No, same state; just a big state.
  • I thought Stevil was in L.A.?
  • Yes, Long beach, I think. I gots mixed-up. Anyway, hope that li'l white baby finds its way into your clutches :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!