Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Record Store Day Special - Felt Mountain Coloured Vinyl
  • 129 Comments sorted by
  • Looks cool. I was disappointed last time that the studios were shut for their annual period. Will certainly give this a thought for planning the return trip. We need to finish Route 66. We stopped at Flagstaff and then dropped South to end up via Tuscon in Tombstone then back up to Yuma, Joshua Tree NP and 29 Palms. Visited Coopertown in Pheonix but missed the big meteor crater as we got there too late in the day.
    The Appy's want to do Cody and I would like to see the Dakotas and Devils Tower. Perhaps then a drop back to Flagstaff, via Kingman to Santa Monica to finish Route 66 then swing down your way, picking up the meteor crater and then Tuscon Studios.
    Never short of great trips in the States! Lucky people!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Anyway, back to this album. For once, you Yanks are in pole position. This record is a Record Store Day special of which only 3,200 will be pressed and distributed to participating stores across your fair land. Under the RSD 'pledge' participant store agree to not sell early or hold these 'specials' back for mail order or other customers until the day after RSD. The idea is that they are available on the day, in the stores, encouraging customers to come out to the stores, thus raising awareness of the Independant record store. Any left after RSD, they can sell how they see fit.
    So, if you want one, find out where the participating stores are, contact them to see if they know if they will be having stock and then get there on the day. Lucky Buggers !
    I will try to get my Alohas and Mahalos in order and hope for the best but I have a hot line to a SF store the day after for sloppy seconds!
  • Just had a tweet back from a record store in the USA who have ordered copies of FM ( long player as he put it - Ah, bless) and are in the city I am at on the day. Can't say where for fear of competition but I think he is a friend of Steve McGarrett. ^:)^
  • I should warn you (based on recent and past conversations with record stores) that they don't necessarily know until they get their Record Store Day shipments whether or not they will actually have everything they ordered. so it might be wise to have some backup stores in mind, as they are not guaranteed to have them just because they ordered them.
  • Thanks for the heads up DH. There are two stores in Steve McGarrett land that are taking part in RSD and rest assured both will be visited on the day if necessary. I also have another iron in the fire in a RSD store in San Francisco which I have a contact in to speak to the day after to pick up an unsold copy if I need to and if one exists.
    Fingers crossed!
  • When is it? I could run down to my local shop and pick one up.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • may i make a suggestion that if forum folks find the album in their stores, pick up an extra copy or two to offer up to fellow fans on here? i'm planning to hit up whatever stores i can on RSD, but who knows if they will actually have them there (or if i'll be the first to check). i'll try and do that anyway.
  • Rule of RSD are one copy per customer, so you wont be able to buy multi copies unless you go to diffrent stores or take all your friends and family......i get to my store a 6 in the morning for a 9 am opening, but i know of people in London who get there at 3 am for a 9am opening......nuts
  • may i make a suggestion that if forum folks find the album in their stores, pick up an extra copy or two to offer up to fellow fans on here? i'm planning to hit up whatever stores i can on RSD, but who knows if they will actually have them there (or if i'll be the first to check). i'll try and do that anyway.

:-?
  • that's a good point. oh well, hope for the best i guess!
  • Attention ~~~ Felt Mountain will be on WHITE vinyl.
  • doesn't really match the color palette of the album AT ALL but should be nice nevertheless
  • doesn't really match the color palette of the album AT ALL but should be nice nevertheless

It was already on black vinyl :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!